Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 3E series can't/won't accept a true frame mount backhoe. I've seen quite a few 3pt mounted, PTO driven backhoes on Craigslist. I'm not necessarily in the market for a backhoe but I am intrigued by the 3pt mounted ones. Who's got one? How do you like it? Seems to me like a great idea!!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
do NOT get a 3pt backhoe for the 3E series. a 3pt Bh has enough force to literally rip the machine in half. now, if it has a subframe, then maybe, but if not, dont buy.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
What johnH123 states above is exactly the response I see all over the internet forums when it comes to 3PH backhoes, although in my searches through all of these forums I've only seen one actual instance where an owner of a CUT with a 3PH BH posted pictures and described the damage. The tractor actually started to twist and broke out the holes in the casting where the two halves of the tractor bolt together. The damage was not covered under warranty, and the repair would cost nearly as much as buying a new tractor of the same make and model (this one happened to be a New Holland). I am not aware of the material which this casting that had broken was made, but on a 3E, I believe the casting is aluminum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts