Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just made one up out of a 3/8" drive 5/8" socket by grinding 2 slots in it with an angle grinder. Then use it with a battery powered drill to go the full depth stop travel in a matter of seconds, no more sore wrist:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,925 Posts
Do you have a photo of the tractor showing where this would be used?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do you have a photo of the tractor showing where this would be used?
Here you go. Its the threaded rod with a T handle on the end used for 3 pt. hitch depth control on JD garden tractors.

Its a lot of turns by hand from the full down position to locked all the way up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,925 Posts
Here you go. Its the threaded rod with a T handle on the end used for 3 pt. hitch depth control on JD garden tractors.

Its a lot of turns by hand from the full down position to locked all the way up.
Thank you! I have no experience with 3-point hitches on garden tractors and couldn't visualize how the tool was used.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thank you! I have no experience with 3-point hitches on garden tractors and couldn't visualize how the tool was used.
Neither do I and I’m still having trouble seeing the result of the adjustment this tool allowing n them. I guess I don’t know how they’re different from a S/M/L-CUT’s 3 pt?

Is a 3pt hitch not a 3pt hitch?

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
i think he is talking about what i saw on my dad's 318--on the left rear side of tractor--i can turn that so the mower deck stays the whole way up-then i can mount the snow plow to front and use it. i tried that once to grade our lane at the old place-and it worked. my uncle claimed jd advertised that back in the day-and i guess if u had a 3pt on the tractor u could use that too-IDK for sure about that.

but i do know by adjusting that screw-u can make the cylinder only drop so low for the mower deck. hope i explained it a little better-as i appreciate ur help always-jgayman:bigthumb:

when we was using the 318 the 2 summers or more till i bought the 2520 to mow with--i pretty much left that adjustment where it was needed to mow at.:dunno:
nice job of fabbing up a tool for the job-i would of never thought of that i think.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
10,925 Posts
Neither do I and I’m still having trouble seeing the result of the adjustment this tool allowing n them. I guess I don’t know how they’re different from a S/M/L-CUT’s 3 pt?

Is a 3pt hitch not a 3pt hitch?
Not when it comes to garden tractors. In the end they have two lift arms and a top-link attachment point but other than that there is little resemblance to what you find on larger tractors.

On this example it looks like you have to turn that little jack screw in and out to adjust how far the hitch lowers.

·
Registered
450 Posts
That threaded rod does the same thing as the mower deck height adjustment dial. It gives you a physical stop to set the height of your 3PH attachment from the ground. Its useful if you are trying to grade or level things with a blade or rake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts