Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 2025r with loader and backhoe that I purchased used a year ago. This week for the first time we took off the backhoe using a Bxpanded backhoe cart and it was super easy. The 3pt had never been used as the turnbuckles and hardware (minus some pins and nuts) were still in plastic bags. We installed the the hardware and connected the remaining hydraulic hoses from the backhoe. We attempted to raise the 3pt by moving the lever on the right side of the tractor and nothing happened. I turned the knob under the seat to see if that would help and again nothing happened. So we disconnected the hydraulic hoses and reconnected and this time the lift arms lifted the the 3pt to what I assume is the highest point. Now it won't go down even after using the knob under the seat. What appears odd to us is the lever on the right side for raising and lowering the 3pt appears to only mounted to a pivot arm. I'm at a lose for what to do next. I did read that the nut on that pivot arm can come lose so I tightened it some. Not sure what to do next, looking for some advise.
Thanks

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,891 Posts
With the lever in the down position& the knob under the seat loose, did you try pushing down on the 3 point arms? I have to do that sometimes on my tractors.
X2

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
X3
Gravity lowers the 3 point. More weight like an attachment or quick hitch and it will probably drop just fine. There isn't any hydraulic down force and its designed that way.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,891 Posts
Gravity lowers the 3 point. More weight like an attachment or quick hitch and it will probably drop just fine. There isn't any hydraulic down force and its designed that way.
Wish I had said that. 🤣
(y)

·
Premium Member
Unit
173 Posts
X4, I sometimes have to 'boot adjust' my 3pt arms when disconnecting my BB. I did try a light coat of grease on the hooks but that didn't seem to help.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just went out and lowered the rockshaft control lever and adjusted the rate of drop knob from open to closed and in the middle and stood on the 3pt arms and nothing happened. The arms are still in the up position. The rockshaft control lever hooks into a pivot arm behind the right rear wheel and is attached by a bolt on the other end. Is this to be connected to anything else? Mine is not and makes me wonder if I'm missing something.
Thanks?

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Based on having never removed the BH before - The power beyond needs to be reconnected. The two hoses you disconnected from the BH on the tractor side.need to be connected to each other when the BH is removed to complete the circuit. The PB is a continuous flow of fluid and it powers both the BH (When attached) and the 3pt.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I just went out and lowered the rockshaft control lever and adjusted the rate of drop knob from open to closed and in the middle and stood on the 3pt arms and nothing happened. The arms are still in the up position. The rockshaft control lever hooks into a pivot arm behind the right rear wheel and is attached by a bolt on the other end. Is this to be connected to anything else? Mine is not and makes me wonder if I'm missing something.
Thanks?
Some pictures of what you are looking at would be a great help to those trying to answer your questions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got it! the problem was if you look at the diagram above (thanks) was that bolt #11 going through the pivot arm was to loose and the bolt directly below it was too tight. I saw a video by Goodworks Tractor talking about this and thought I had it correct but obviously I didn't It wasn't allowing the valve to move. Thanks to everyone who replied its nice to know you can get such great help here.
Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.