Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a 100yds or so to the new barn so I quickly realized it was not a good idea to bring lawn tools to the house one at a time and I needed a neat way to store them, so I built a cart. It rolls easily on the concrete and lets the 1025r bring everything I need in one trip.

I built it from 1" square tubing and 2" angle where the lifts attach. Expanded steel makes the bottoms of the two levels and I bent some 3/16 bar to make tool holders. The top shelf has dividers to keep the gas cans from bouncing around and the milk crate is bolted through the expanded steel to hold it. I toss in trimmer string, cutting pliers, a combo wrench, edger blades, etc. 1" PVC pipe with a gap cut out fits the shaft of the trimmer and edger and I loop a small bungee around all three to keep them from swinging around.

A stop block is at the front of the mower and I heavy bungee pulls it toward the cart at the handle. My yard is flat so I don't travel across any side slopes, I might need something stronger if that side was tilted down. I'm using wood blocks until I get some thin angle on the next trip to the metal yard. They sell shorts so I can get a couple of feet cheap.

This is my second welding project and I am really enjoying having a welder in the shop, I should have bought one years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
That is craftsmanship. Fine work.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Nice job. I like it

·
Registered
927 Posts
That is really cool, excellent work!

·
Corndog Hater
11,301 Posts
Wow, you literally can carry just about everything. I'm impressed, great job and thanks for sharing it with us:good2:

·
Registered
11,776 Posts
:bigthumb: i like it-:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,148 Posts
Nice job BamaJohn. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
:good2:

Very nice. Well planned and quite resourceful.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I like it. Great job

·
Registered
106 Posts
Excellent

Fantastic !!!!!!
well planned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts