Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo.... I've had my 1025r for a few months now, & finally took the backhoe off for the first time today. Copied a dolly I saw here! I'll get to that later....

Anyways, my 3pt hitch isn't working at all. Don't know if Im just that dumb, or if my tractor has a problem. I cannot get the arms to raise or lower at all with the control. I can move them by hand up or down, but nothing happens at all with the control lever. This is without anything hooked up mind you. Any ideas what could be wrong..? Again, I took delivery early October, have not used the 3pt at all. I just removed the backhoe for the 1st time today. No response from the hitch control at all. I've tried the tension knob under the seat, & everything else I could think of.

Any suggestions..??

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the 3PH drop-rate knob between your legs. It controls how fast the 3PH drops but may also impede raising if the valve is closed all the way tight.
Been there, done that...

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Check to make sure the lever is actually shifting the valve.

·
Premium Member
12,770 Posts
Been there, done that...
Sorry - I missed that at the end. :) Did you reattach the Power Beyond hose?

These steps are in the manual:

3-point Hitch Fails To Lift
Low hydraulic oil level.
Rate-of-drop valve closed.
Excessive load on hitch.
Hydraulic oil too cold.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check to make sure the lever is actually shifting the valve.
Doesn't seem like it is. I took the panel off to see how the lever works...

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you lose a bolt?
Hmmm..... I don't know...

What I see after taking the panel off..... the draft lever, adjusts a (for lack of better terminology) a couple of tabs set up in a "V". There is no pressure on the draft lever tabs ....front or back (raise/lower)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here is the image from the technical manual on attaching the rockshaft control arm. If the bolts are there (secured through #27 and fastened with nuts #36) and the stop (the V shaped piece #24) is rotating when you move the control lever, then there is a different issue.

Rockshaft Control Arm.png

Here is the image from JD Parts:

Rockshaft Control Valve.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes. 1st thing I did was reconnect the hoses.

I can't see any missing parts based on the parts diagram ....

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hmm... If you can move the arms up and down manually, perhaps it thinks the arms are in the down position. The arms only holds things up; there never is any downward pressure besides the weight on the arms.

Did the feedback rod become disconnected from the right rockshaft arm?

Edit: Part #35 is the feedback rod.

Rockshaft Control Valve.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took it to my dealer. A quick look over by one of their techs, & he was pretty confident that it was the "control valve". He said that he has seen a couple new tractors have this problem, & believed that during assembly, paint, or a piece of plastic, or some foreign material corrupted the valve. I should know definitively, & have it fixed tomorrow.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dealer called me just a few minutes ago. That's exactly what it was. Ordered a new valve, said it would take a couple days to arrive, & hopefully I'll have my tractor back Friday afternoon :dunno:

I'm of the opinion, poop happens. While frustrating, not a big deal to me. I'll live. My ol lady on the other hand....LOL. She's not happy that "her" tractor is having a sleep over at the tractor hospital...

I'll say this too. A large majority of people must get really put out when something like this happens. The vibe I got from everyone at the service dept, led me to believe they expected me to lose my cool, & be upset. I was as friendly as possible to em. Never made sense to me to get ****ty with people working on your stuff. Turns out, they looked at my machine as soon as they opened this morning. Considering they were closing the gates when I dropped it off last night, made me feel pretty good. Leaves me wondering if my attitude would've been 180 the other direction, if they would've got to it when they got to it :mocking:

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Dealer called me just a few minutes ago. That's exactly what it was. Ordered a new valve, said it would take a couple days to arrive, & hopefully I'll have my tractor back Friday afternoon :dunno:

I'm of the opinion, poop happens. While frustrating, not a big deal to me. I'll live. My ol lady on the other hand....LOL. She's not happy that "her" tractor is having a sleep over at the tractor hospital...

I'll say this too. A large majority of people must get really put out when something like this happens. The vibe I got from everyone at the service dept, led me to believe they expected me to lose my cool, & be upset. I was as friendly as possible to em. Never made sense to me to get ****ty with people working on your stuff. Turns out, they looked at my machine as soon as they opened this morning. Considering they were closing the gates when I dropped it off last night, made me feel pretty good. Leaves me wondering if my attitude would've been 180 the other direction, if they would've got to it when they got to it :mocking:

When I was in my teens early 20's (40+Years ago) I started to figure out ,treat people the way you want to be treated.The Golden Rule, one of the things from the Bible I have tried to live by. I won't say I haven't lost my cool to a sales clerk, manager, but the few times I have . I have always apologized to that person and sometimes to the manager or owner. Like you the majority of the times I have found if you talk (instead of yelling) to them most will bend over and help .

As you said poop happens, with new technology changing everyday, it happens. It shouldn't with computers doing most of the thinking, but from one of my first computer classes, " Shi_ in and Shi_ out" or nicer words "Garbage in -garbage out " .

Things break , always have and always will, new or old . Anything man made will break ,some may take many years but it will break.

Good luck with new tractor and enjoy , I've had a few problems over the years with JD but at the end still have Green in the building. Well except for the Honda Pioneer instead of a Gator. :laugh: :hide:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts