Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're looking for a 3pt rotary tiller now seems to be a good time to buy. I've been researching them for the past few weeks and right now they are on sale at various places. King Kutter, both the Professional and 'II' models, as well as Tractor Supply's CountyLine brand. I managed to snag a KK Pro 60" in JD green for $1499 with only $125 shipping and no tax from a fleet store that also sells online. But various tractor/farm/fleet places have them in this ballpark.

As for tiller models themselves, what I've been able to learn is that the KK Pro and II are basically the same tiller in terms of gearbox, driveline, and tines. The Pro has a different shape on the top that helps keep grass/dirt/water from building up. It also apparently has 3pt hitch specs that are quick hitch compatible, even though people say the II model also works with quick hitches. KK themselves say the II model is NOT quick hitch compatible.

Anyway, hopefully this may help someone else get a good deal if you've been looking for one. PM me if you want to know the specific places I've been seeing them. I'm not here to advertise for anyone so I'm not spelling it out in the post.

Rob

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For reference, here are pics of the King Kutter Professional and the King Kutter II models. Note the differences in the tops and structure. I haven't looked closely enough to know for sure, but apparently on the Pro the curved top metal is the structure whereas on the II there is angle and/or square tube making the support frame. Given that the Pro does not need the gearbox support running all the way across it seems like a reasonable assumption that the top of the Pro is very strong and rigid versus lighter sheet metal on the II.

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
11,978 Posts
Big blue--the top one in ur pics is what i got last spring. i saved that shipping by being able to pick up at a rural king store. i still have my 200 dollar gift card to spend their.:lol: the store is about 2 hrs away. but want to eat lunch with a friend that day:thumbup1gif:

i used mine last yr on several different ground projects. nothing but good to say about mine.:good2:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't know how to do the pm thing but am curious what places you found. I've been thinking about one, not very serious yet though. I did a quick look online and the places I found wanted close to $2,000 and almost $400 shipping or were out of stock. The only local place is TSC and Orshelns. Orshelns is higher and wants to tack on shipping even buying one sitting in their lot. TSC only has 1 in stock locally and it looks like someone ran over it with the forklift while unloading. They won't lower the price either.

·
Registered
21,983 Posts
I don't know how to do the pm thing but am curious what places you found. I've been thinking about one, not very serious yet though. I did a quick look online and the places I found wanted close to $2,000 and almost $400 shipping or were out of stock. The only local place is TSC and Orshelns. Orshelns is higher and wants to tack on shipping even buying one sitting in their lot. TSC only has 1 in stock locally and it looks like someone ran over it with the forklift while unloading. They won't lower the price either.
Click on the person's user name - a menu will drop down with one of the options to send a private message. From there you will be brought to a screen similar to a thread posting screen - just insert your text and hit "send".

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent you a PM with info.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts