Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I have searched and read through the threads I can find about 3pt tillers. My question is more about sourcing. The only stores that seem to be around my general area are Rural King and TSC. I am about to pull the trigger on a King Kutter XB and have it shipped to my local RK, but I want to make sure I am not missing anything by way of other stores. I don't think there is a Fleet Farm or any other farm supply store near East Central, OH, but if you guys have any ideas about where to price shop, that's where I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thank you

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was going to do a KK, but after extensive searching settled on my local TSC.. they had it in stock, it had all the features you would get in KK and the price was way better..

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are you talking about the County Line/Tarter Tillers?

Yes, awesome unit... I was going to pay cash, had a 10% discount coupon. When I went to purchase they had the 0% interest for a year.. so kept the money in my pocket and bought another gun!😄

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think they load up all the equipment sometime in early spring... I know when I was over at my local TSC a few months ago, the yard was pretty empty... last spring they had everything..

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Sign up for neighborhood rewards at TSC and they will tempt you to buy things..... I've had several 10% off coupons show up every so often and it will discount 3 point equipment 💰

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Sign up for neighborhood rewards at TSC and they will tempt you to buy things..... I've had several 10% off coupons show up every so often and it will discount 3 point equipment 💰
Correct. I got a 5’ box blade from them for under 700 and they loaded it onto the back of my truck for me. This was already on the lot but I did a ship to store on a safe a year ago and saved big time on that. That said, I can’t say one way or another what the tiller is all about.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: I ordered a King Kutter XB from Rural King. The local TSCs could not tell me when, if ever, any of the County Line stuff would be available and their info online says they can't be ordered to the local places.

I know it's not quick hitch compatible off the truck, but I am getting things together to use a quick hitch. From watching the TTWT videos, I am going to grab some longer draw pins (6 1/4"?), the Cat1 to Cat3 bushings, and a smaller OD bushing for the top bolt.

My dilemma right now is which quick hitch to buy. RK, HF, TSC and a Deere dealer are all local to me. The draw of the Green paint is huge, but is it really worth 3-4x the cost of an RK/HF? I'd like to get one now because I know I'll have one eventually and don't want to have to buy another PTO shaft if this one gets cut too short using just the link arms. I've seen a bunch of threads on this subject and I might just need to pick a direction and go and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The Imatch has the smallest corner gussets that I've seen on quick hitches. That clearance may matter with some attachments and when using heavy hitch weights.
Have you looked at the cost of ordering a speeco that doesn't use bushings? If I didn't already have a QH, that's what I would want.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'm looking at the Speeco and Pat's system as well. Guess I'm looking at everything.
I suspect you’ll need the bushings with the XB tiller.
I don’t think the longer pins alone would make it wide enough for a quick hitch.

So, I suggest either HF or IMatch. HF has worked fine for me. I have both.

With either one, you’ll need Ken’s extended top hook. Use code ttwt for 5% off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Tractor Tim

I'm the video of you fitting the HF Quick Hitch to the XB, it looked like the hook was the one that comes with the HF QH. I see Ken's has a different shape profile and has some meat that makes the hook stick out further. Are you recommending Men's hook for the XB, or is it a hedge for other implements down the road?

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
I run Ken’s hook in my Imatch. It makes hooking up to most implements much easier. With my subsoiler, Ken’s hook was all that would work.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I'm looking at the Speeco and Pat's system as well. Guess I'm looking at everything.
I’m a Pats fan- all implements for without modification. You have to connect the PTO shaft so connecting a top link isn’t a big deal.

·
Administrator
20,172 Posts
Unless you have a X-Series L&G tractor, you don't want the XB tiller.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’m a Pats fan- all implements for without modification. You have to connect the PTO shaft so connecting a top link isn’t a big deal.
And I can see the utility in having something just on the arms and not a whole frame. Still be able to do a quick connect on the arms and draw pins, which, in my research, seems to give people the most trouble, trying to line those up. The top link connection is almost an afterthought once the lower arms are installed. Adds to my apprehensiveness.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts