Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
The specs on the JD site for the 3049 also show "limited Category 1". Is the spacing different than the XB?
ALL Frontier 3 pt attachments are quick hitch compatible. This is a Frontier requirement.
The 3049 is one tough tiller!

Tim

·
Registered
662 Posts
If you remove the imatch, will the 1025r lift arms swing in enough to use regular lift pins on the xb? If so, you can keep the tiller on a dolly if you have room, and it should be easy to hook up. I keep everything that is pto driven inside on a dolly and use without the imatch, and everything else lives on a gravel shed floor and has iMatch bushings. Sounds like a pain, but it ends up being a pretty good system.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
If you remove the imatch, will the 1025r lift arms swing in enough to use regular lift pins on the xb? If so, you can keep the tiller on a dolly if you have room, and it should be easy to hook up. I keep everything that is pto driven inside on a dolly and use without the imatch, and everything else lives on a gravel shed floor and has iMatch bushings. Sounds like a pain, but it ends up being a pretty good system.
This is the reason I'm also looking at Pat's Easy Change for the arms. I understand that a quick hitch would be a huge time saver, but if we accumulate implements when they come up for sale used, there may be some spacing issues. OTOH, having to adjust turnbuckles and attach the tip link all the time might get old.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
After much thought, I've decided to cancel the XB order. I will wait to see what comes in to TSC or order one from the Local JD dealer to make sure I get a true Category 1 tiller.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The County line is nice. Maybe they will re supply soon. 🤞 A TSC near me just got in rotary cutters and they had none 2 weeks ago.

Here is my tiller mounted on Imatch QH.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Looks like timing won't be an issue anyway. It's gonna be a while before the ground is ready to till, considering the ice and snow we've gotten in our area.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Update: Finally able to order a 4ft County Line to my local TSC. Slip clutch, gear box and cat 1 spacing. Got in on order and ship to store. Waiting to see if the Speeco E-Hitch comes back in stock. If that's going to be a while, the County Way QHs at Rural King will do with the bushings.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So, after being able to order the tiller, I find out it hasn't shipped yet and is back-ordered. I talked to a CS agent from TSC and she stated it may be cancelled because it's on back-order. Great. I did get the Country Way QH from RK and put it on the 1025R. My plan now is to run by the RK and see if they have anything on the lot that fits the bill. Seems that these farm supply stores inventory don't match what's on the lot or in the store.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
After sweating over what to do if the County Line tiller is backordered and nothing else can be found, I get an email tonight yelling me it is shipping out in the next couple days. Huge weight lifted. Will update when it comes in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Now, I found out my shipment is delayed. The tracking number shows "Awaiting Carrier Pickup". I received this delay notice on Monday. The tracking number TSC sent me is for Con-Way and the link for the tracking number goes to the XPO tracking web page. This is getting frustrating. If you're able to order the item online and it DOES NOT say backordered, it should be shipped in a reasonable amount of time. I ordered the tiller on 3/16. It's been over two weeks and it hasn't moved yet.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,213 Posts
Now, I found out my shipment is delayed. The tracking number shows "Awaiting Carrier Pickup". I received this delay notice on Monday. The tracking number TSC sent me is for Con-Way and the link for the tracking number goes to the XPO tracking web page. This is getting frustrating. If you're able to order the item online and it DOES NOT say backordered, it should be shipped in a reasonable amount of time. I ordered the tiller on 3/16. It's been over two weeks and it hasn't moved yet.
Con-Way is now XPO so that's not an issue.

Many online retailers create shipping records well before the product actually ships. Many times it's done at order confirmation. The delay comes from the warehouse getting the product pulled and ready for shipment so the carrier can be called. It's not unusual for this to take up to a week (sometimes more) to occur.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So, after a few calls and someone finding the tracking information, I found out the tiller was delivered to the local TSC yesterday around noon. Still can't get the tracking number to show anything. No phone call, no email.

I borrowed a trailer and went to go pick it up tonight. Didn't come on a pallet, came in a metal shipping rack with bolts to hold the tiller onto it. I'll post some pictures later, but it looks like it was handled roughly by the shipping company. Scratched is some places, shipping rack bent, the rear guard has been bent on a couple places. Best part is that it's missing the PTO shield, but it was sent with an extra half of a PTO shaft (that doesn't match). Someone, somewhere is missing a half of a PTO shaft. Lastly, it doesn't say "County Line" anywhere. It has a "Behlen" tag and serial number on it.

I'm going to send some emails to TSC and Behlen tomorrow and see about getting the PTO shield sent to me and also let them see pictures of what XPO delivered. Should be fun.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

the metal rack is normal.
Its the perfect base to put a top on for a welding table.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Would be the perfect base if it wasn't bent to hell. Talked to Cory from Behlen today. Nice guy, wanted photos of the damage and said he would get me the PTO guard so I can get this thing together. He was surprised they delivered it to me because they don't send stuff to retailers east of the Mississippi. I sent him the photos and also filled out the online "tell us about your experience" form for TSC. Not a great first impression for TSC for me. We'll see how it develops.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I would not taken delivery if it was me.

·
Registered
559 Posts
..Lastly, it doesn't say "County Line" anywhere. It has a "Behlen" tag and serial number on it.
My tiller is an earlier version (no kickstand) labeled Behlen Country.
It is a beast of a tiller and after 4 years I am still very happy with it.
I hope you get everything taken care of quickly so you can get some seat time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
The PTO guard came today and I was able to get it all together and tightened. Filled the gearboxes, greased everything it told me to and went to work on the drive shaft. I decided to hook it up to the quick hitch and measure it that way as I had nothing else to do for and hour and a half. In the shortest position, the yoke on the tractor side was about 1/2" overlap with the end of the tractor 3pt shaft. I took 1.5" out of the drive shaft and refit it. So, with the yoke slid on and locked into place, I have about 2.5" of play in the shaft (if this makes sense). Still plenty of shaft engagement for rotational torque.

I greased the drive shaft, the gearbox and tractor pto shafts and put it all together. Jeez, it was rough trying to get the new drive shaft yoke on the tractor pto shaft. Very tight. I'm sure it will wear in a bit as it gets used.

We'll, it's together and I tilled a test line and it didn't blow up. It got dark, so it put everything away and will get some more time with it soon.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Here is the basic timeline of what happened.

Ordered a County Line 4ft Tiller on 3/16/21 for ship to store. Email said it would ship within 4 days. 8 business days go by and nothing. Call TSC customer service on 3/27, told it is back-ordered. Ask how I was able to order it online if its back-ordered. CS rep told me to give it another week and it will either move or get cancelled. Get email on 3/28 saying it is shipped with an XPO tracking number. Great. Get email on 3/29 saying its delayed. Wait until 4/3/21 and call CS again. Rep tells me they will look into it because tracking number isn't working for them either. Says they will call or email me back on 4/5/21. No call or email on 4/5. I call CS on 4/6 and ask what's going on. The CS rep this time says it was delivered 4/5 around noon and calls store to verify. Its there. I get my trailer and go to store to get tiller. When the associates bring it out, it is all scratched up and shipping frame is bent over. Doesn't look like anything that would keep it from working, but still doesn't look new. Get it home and start sorting pieces. Missing the PTO guard piece and has an extra half of a PTO shaft that doesn't fit it. Also see that it is a Behlen tiller, not County Line (not really that big of an issue since Tarter makes them both). Tracking number still shows "awaiting carrier pick-up" through the TSC site and XPO still has no record. You can check it yourself. 431227845 is the XPO number I was sent. Contacted Behlen and they are sent me a replacement guard panel. That's where the posts above pick up. As for TSC, I filled out the "Share Your Site to Store Order" experience link I was sent by TSC. Waiting for someone to contact me about this. Doubt it will happen. Here are a few pictures of how it came in:

41 - 58 of 58 Posts