Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for feedback on this.

Has anyone used one? Has it held up?

I'm looking to ease my fence line maintenance as I get older. Probably not this year, but this is looking good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
That’s slick. Wonder if you can run it while mowing

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have no fences but, that could come in handy around buildings. hmmmm

Reactions: TractorEd

·
Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
132 Posts
I remember seeing a video using something that would auto swivel around fence posts. Sorry I didn’t look it up and post a link.

edit: what i remember (which isn't much) was something like this:

·
Registered
992 Posts
My take on these two fenceline trimmers is, the one Tractor Mike demos has a blade and will cut heavier brush than the DR will, as the DR uses heavy gauge trimmer line. The DR should be easier to use, lighter weight to hook up, and it does have an angle adjustment the other one doesn't have.

I don't have one of these, but I do have a DR PTO 3-point wood chipper, and it's a well-made piece of equipment. the other thing about DR equipment is, you can home-trial it for 6 months, and if you don't like it, return it for a full refund.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What type(s) of fencing do you have?
I have white vinyl in front, and 2 sides have T posts and critter fence. The 4th side I'm stuck using a weed eater (and spray) due to slope and large rocks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
From the video it looks like when it swings around to the far side of the fence while traveling, it’s not getting all the weeds close to the post. Unless it’s getting them on the other side run?...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts