Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the ballast weight I built couple years ago. It works great for all heavy duty fel work,like big round bales,dirt,gravel and moving heavy pallets etc. Thinking about building another one with some type of storage space for chains,clevis,hooks and hitch pins. Has anyone else built a concrete ballast weight with storage? Looking for some ideas or suggestions!

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks great! Any pics of the process?

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Real nice! !

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are some pictures of building the counterweight. This was a fun project! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Well done, thank you for posting the photos of your process. I'm betting your design will be copied by several.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well done, thank you for posting the photos of your process. I'm betting your design will be copied by several.
No problem! Your welcome!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice. I built a wooden/ concrete ballast box for the plow truck, but nothing as elaborate or well executed as what you did.
Thank you!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for a stupid question, but what is the purpose of the PVC?

I'd like to make one more that's iMatch compatible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
the PVC pipes are for holding shovels and rakes etc for doing gravel or dirt work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I thought about welding a receiver on the back of my ballast box for my 1026 sort of what you have on your cast block, but when I realized that my lift capacity would be at the limit with the box filled with concrete I changed my mind. I know this isn't likely an issue with the size of your tractor.

Anyway, your cast block is a great idea and really quite simple when you think about it. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts