Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have a 3039R with a 320R loader. I want to install a bracket on the front of the tractor so I can add suitcase weights when my loader is uninstalled to offset my 800 plus pound MX5 cutter.

I would only like to remove the weights (8 suitcase 40/70 LBS) and not have to get the tools and unbolt a bracket every time I put the loader back on. What's the point in buying quick attach equipment, but have to break out the tools to set-up the front weights?

Heavy Hitch has a nice 2" receiver, but the loader torque tube does not have enough space between it and the tractor frame to allow the 2" receiver to be left on the frame with the loader.

The JD BLV10442 front bracket does not give depth dimension, but with the brackets, I don't think it is an option.

I maintain property in the mountains where I don't have a lot of maneuvering room (trees) to keep the loader/bucket on the tractor.

Has anyone a solution for this? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice job Satch, I imagine those weights stay pretty secure with them hanging so close and packed tight. What if you remove some, do they still stay put?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dc, I'm in the same boat as you on front weight. Let us know if you found a work around.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Nice job Satch, I imagine those weights stay pretty secure with them hanging so close and packed tight. What if you remove some, do they still stay put?
Thanks, I'm not sure, I've only ever used it with ten. There's about 3/8" of play across all ten, but they don't seem to move from where I put them.

·
Premium Member
10,163 Posts
I built my own removable bracket for the same reason. 1/2" steel, holds ten 42 pound weights:
Nice looking bracket Satch.

Does it just slide down over the front frame of the tractor?

Reactions: The Satch

·
Registered
872 Posts
Nice looking bracket Satch.

Does it just slide down over the front frame of the tractor?
Yep, slides over the 4 weight bracket, comes off with a slight tug. I was going to make pins to secure it, but unless I roll the tractor over, it's not coming off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts