Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would post this since I did a lot of research on this site and maybe this can help out others.

I have a 1025R and was looking to add a grapple. After doing a ton of research I was about to pull the trigger on the Artillian diverter valve but then didn’t as I started to think I would just buy the 3rd function and do it myself and make it a weekend project. Figured I would do it myself since I read everywhere on here dealers were charging an arm and a leg for install costs. Then TTWT came out with the Summit Hydraulics video which really got me thinking I would buy the 3rd Function and PB and really make it a weekend project. But after reviewing the instructions I started to think do I really want to tackle this? So for the S&G’s I reached out of my dealer to see the costs to install both options. I was pleasantly surprised they quoted me $450 total to do both. I figured for an extra $450 it’s worth it to me as it saves me time and possible aggravation. And if anything goes wrong it’s on the dealer.

Perhaps combing both options lowered the overall install cost versus just getting the 3rd function. Hope someone finds this useful 👍🏻.

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
I'm assuming the $450 is the labor cost only, plus the price of the kits.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
I know for a fact that I put the diverter valve and switch on my loader and it cost $600 for parts and just put the dual third function on rear and parts were $500. The power beyond kit by it's self is around $200 and the valve like Tim put on is around $1000. I would want to know how much they plan on charging for parts. $450 labor is only for about 5 hrs. at a dealer and it takes considerable time to install all this.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know for a fact that I put the diverter valve and switch on my loader and it cost $600 for parts and just put the dual third function on rear and parts were $500. The power beyond kit by it's self is around $200 and the valve like Tim put on is around $1000. I would want to know how much they plan on charging for parts. $450 labor is only for about 5 hrs. at a dealer and it takes considerable time to install all this.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
I see the prespect...you're paying $1630 for the parts and $450 labor....dealer makes about 50% on parts so I can see the deal...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I got quoted $2200 labor to install 3rd function. I decided to install myself when time allows

·
Registered
61 Posts
I‘m going all in. I’ll be installing 3rd Function, Power Beyond, Summit Hydraulics rear remotes and HydrosPlus flow diverter. I’ll let you know how it goes. They just delivered the tractor and I’m getting everything ready for #plant2021!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Todd, I also got a 1025R recently and would really like the 3rd function. I bought the “Frontier” forks and could really use the fork grapple, but was told by my dealer it would be about ~2K just for the 3rd function parts and labor. Where was your quote from?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Todd, I also got a 1025R recently and would really like the 3rd function. I bought the “Frontier” forks and could really use the fork grapple, but was told by my dealer it would be about ~2K just for the 3rd function parts and labor. Where was your quote from?
yeah 2k is what i have been reading so i jump all over this. not sure where you live but ‘central jersey equipment’ is the dealer i got this through. i also went to my sales person and not the service department so maybe that helped too.

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
The bottom line is if you can hook up two lines under the seat to the lift you can buy the power beyond for $190.38 less the TTWT discount plus tax and the dual rear remote from Summit for $699.95 less TTWT plus tax. You can plug the power into the cigarette light and mount the switch mount the dual. Your cost will be around $889.25 pocketing about $750 over the dealer price. This is if you want the dual remotes on the rear. It's your dollar but this can be done in 2-3 hrs maybe 4 at the most. Personally I'd rather pay myself.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
This is for the 1025R. The kit from Summit with does not need a line return as the operating pressures are higher on the valve. All this learned right here at this site. KennyD gave me excellent advise on this setup but I used a mono valve and had to do a return line. My cost for this was $549.88 but I already had the power beyond. I just wanted a custom setup manual not electric.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The bottom line is if you can hook up two lines under the seat to the lift you can buy the power beyond for $190.38 less the TTWT discount plus tax and the dual rear remote from Summit for $699.95 less TTWT plus tax. You can plug the power into the cigarette light and mount the switch mount the dual. Your cost will be around $889.25 pocketing about $750 over the dealer price. This is if you want the dual remotes on the rear. It's your dollar but this can be done in 2-3 hrs maybe 4 at the most. Personally I'd rather pay myself.
yeah i hear ya. everywhere i read it’s closer to 8 hours. guess it depends on your mechanical ability. the $450 was worth it for me as I am a novice when it comes to hyrdraulics and didn’t want to chance screwing something up on my 1025R which only has like 21hrs on it. i got plenty of time to mess things up on it 😂

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Beauty of this site is that there is always help. Folks on this forum are super. I've messed with dealerships and there were very few mechanics "so called" that I'd let mess with my tractor. Anyway it's your call and good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Toddsworth: I looked at the kits from the dealer and your're right they are a bear with several lines. I did note that the hydraulic outlet kit only contains two outlets or 1 sets of remotes. I would want two as you probably want a hydraulic center link and another outlet. TTWT was mentioning only getting the power beyond which is about $200 then putting his kit on. Wanted to mention the number of remotes as you may want to be sure about this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts