Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a kinda dumb question I am thinking of getting a grapple in the future for my 1026R and I know I will need a third function controller or diverter (not sure if there is a difference). My question is my tractor has the droopy bucket syndrome if I install the third function controller does this bypass the SCV and would it solve my DBS. Thanks in advance Rick

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
... My question is my tractor has the droopy bucket syndrome if I install the third function controller does this bypass the SCV and would it solve my DBS. Thanks in advance Rick
I don't think adding a third function would affect DBS but it might be helpful to someone else to know for certain if you have Droopy Bucket Syndrome or Floppy Bucket Syndrome. They are very different issues and it has been common for people to get them mixed up, or not realize that they are different things.

I would not tolerate having DBS, several of the tractors I tested at the dealership had the issue - which surprised the salesman. DBS can can be dangerous, you never want your bucket to drop suddenly when you are trying to gently curl it. If I had DBS I would try to get the dealer to fix it. The only fix is a replacement of the SCV, maybe DTAC 92992 would help.

FBS on the other hand is just a minor annoyance.

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
Adding a 3rd function will not "solve" DBS/FBS, its plumbed in to the main hydraulic flow of the tractor before or after the FEL valve and completely independent from.
A diverter just switches control of the bucket to the grapple intermittently, the FEL valve is still used for directional control so to some extent the DBS/FBS condition will show up in the grapple-but will not be as pronounced in the grapple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts