Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi all. Getting close to buying a 1025r. But I would really like a 4in1 bucket. John Deere does not offer a front remote I'm told, but I've seen people on the forums with grapples etc. Where do I get a 3rd remote for the front of a 1025r?
Also any recommendations on a light weight 4 in 1 bucket??

Thanks, George

·
Administrator
18,313 Posts
The diverter kit from Artillian is the best bang for your buck, MANY are using them for grapples.

Hydraulic Products

Reactions: balrog006 and kylew

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Be careful on the weight. None of the 4 in 1 buckets Ive seen are very light at all.
Cost wise, youd be money ahead to get a grapple instead, but thats up to you.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi olgreyhair
I have a 4 in 1 bucket on my 1025R how ever the whole FEL is after market. I live in Australia where regulations require that all FEL's are self leveling. Because the FEL is self leveling the bucket is much lighter because they don't require spill guards even though they hold as much material. The FEL fitted to my 1025r is an Australian manufactured Burder unit.
I have always wondered why 4 in 1 buckets were not used in the States:banghead:, as I don't know what I would do without mine it is just so handy:good2:.
Regards John
PS The second photo shows the bucket at full height rolled back as far as it will go ( the advantage of a self leveling FEL) compare that to a JD120

Attachments

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hi olgreyhair
I have a 4 in 1 bucket on my 1025R how ever the whole FEL is after market. I live in Australia where regulations require that all FEL's are self leveling. Because the FEL is self leveling the bucket is much lighter because they don't require spill guards even though they hold as much material. The FEL fitted to my 1025r is an Australian manufactured Burder unit.
I have always wondered why 4 in 1 buckets were not used in the States:banghead:, as I don't know what I would do without mine it is just so handy:good2:.
Regards John
PS The second photo shows the bucket at full height rolled back as far as it will go ( the advantage of a self leveling FEL) compare that to a JD120
They are used here, quite extensively actually, just not on small tractors.

Your bucket looks considerably smaller than the standard 54" bucket.
What is its capacity?
Nearest I can find is .11 cubic meters for the 2000 series Burder loader with 1.35 meter wide 4 in 1 bucket, It also shows a 1.2 meter wide bucket, but its capacity is lower still.
Since we use feet here, or yards, thats 3.88 cubic feet. The standard 54" Deere bucket is double that at 7.8 cubic feet, or .22 cubic meters. All those capacities are heaped.

·
Registered
407 Posts

Hi all. Getting close to buying a 1025r. But I would really like a 4in1 bucket. John Deere does not offer a front remote I'm told, but I've seen people on the forums with grapples etc. Where do I get a 3rd remote for the front of a 1025r?
Also any recommendations on a light weight 4 in 1 bucket??

Thanks, George
I use the Artillian diverter for my grapple and snow plow angling. I agree it's the best/easiest available.

The market for small 4-in-1 buckets is very limited due to weight concerns.

Here is the most likely candidate I have found after a lot of searching.

These are made with a Skid Steer mount but I have confirmed with the mfg that it may be ordered with a JD quick attach mount to fit your loader arms. Just be sure to specify you want the JDmount. Everything Attachments is in my experience a good company to deal with.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. I too have found the Wr Long 4 in 1 bucket. the HJ2l comes in at 255lbs. Not too bad I think, but I'm new at this so what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yes. I too have found the Wr Long 4 in 1 bucket. the HJ2l comes in at 255lbs. Not too bad I think, but I'm new at this so what are your thoughts?
If you have to have a 4 in 1, that may be your best choice. As has been said, there arent a lot of options on small tractors.
Just remember ANY additional weight takes that much off the overall lift capacity. The standard 54" bucket weights 154 pounds. Your new bucket weighs 101 pounds more, so basically, you lose 100 pounds of lift capacity. So if your 120R would lift 750 before, it will now lift 650. Almost a 15% decrease in lift capacity.
Might be another reason to consider the 2025 from your other thread, its extra lift capacity would offset quite a bit of that difference.
On a larger tractor it doesnt matter quite as much, but on these, it does. Of course it might not to you, because you may rarely ever max the loader out.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
WR Long also sells a nice third function valve as well. I have one for my 3E series. It might be over kill for the 1 series because it is super responsive. When I had a SCUT I used the diverter valve setup Kenny mentions. Weight is such a killer for the 1 series FEL attachments. The 4in1 bucket EA is selling is a WR Long bucket. WR Long advertises it on their website but no price so it might be a better deal going straight to them, not sure.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi IndianaJim
Yes the bucket is smaller than a traditional bucket and holds a little bit less. I think about 10 % or less of the jobs I do with the 1025R FEL I transport more than 5 buckets full of material, after that a bigger bucket might be an advantage. I can Live with that because of the flexibility of the the 4 in 1 bucket.
I can pick up posts, branches, stumps, etc without having to purchase forks or a grapple. I can use the bucket as a blade or a scraper and I can pick up that last bit of gravel that won't go into the bucket. (with a conventional bucket you must shovel in.)
And I can do all of these things without leaving the seat :good2:
If I need to lift anything heavy I just drop the bucket off (pull out 2 small pins) and put slings on the large attachment pins on the crowd and dump that hook into the bucket.:thumbup1gif:
Regards John

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far this is what I've found;

Artillian makes a 3rd function kit for the 1025r it retails for between $670 and $690.00.

Wr Long makes a 4 in 1 bucket with a JDQA setup in 54 and 60 inch widths.

The 54 inch weighs 255lbs, and the 60" weighs 340lbs and retails for $1845.00

So the setup total cost comes in around $2500.00

Is it worth It?? Any opinions would be welcome.

Thank You, George.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts