Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still familiarizing myself with my new 3033R. I removed the BH and I connected my box scrapper to the three point. When i with to connect my hydraulic rippers to the 3rd SCV, I discovered both quick connects on the tractor are female. I was kind of dumbfounded by that. Top and Tilt are male/female. My rippers connected to my old 870 with male/female connectors. Looked in the manual and it refers to both being female on the 3rd SCV. I don't want to change the hose on the rippers to both male. Is there a male to male coupler? Could I make one? I looked on line and didn't see any.

Thanks, Steve

·
Premium Member
13,042 Posts
You could go to a local hydraulics shop and have a short piece of hose (< 12") made with the two required male couplers. It would probably work better than having a long rigid mail-to-male adapter hanging off the SCV port.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Seems to be a JD thing

Several friends with different Green tractors and non JD 3rd kits all have M/F

Dealer said 3rd is Off/On, so having both Female makes it easy to swap depending on which way you want your thumb switch to operate. Same could be said for 4th/5th as well but Cest La Vie

·
Premium Member
13,042 Posts
All female on my 3320 (3rd, 4th, 5th) and as noted above its handy for changing the direction you want the controls to work.
It's also handy for putting the hoses on wrong. :) Not sure why you would ever want to change the way your controls work after your used to one way but perhaps there are situations. I ended up marking my hoses so I know which way they go. :)

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
JD and Kubota at least have done that for years, may other OEM's do the same - I hardly think its unusual to have females on the tractor side. Look at large AG tractors, all ports are female. Even the add on break-away brackets only hold female.

Making an adapter would not be hard at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will go with the suggestion of jgayman. Have a short pigtail made. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts