Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4700 has the 3 spool valve stock. So I know there used to be a kit that is now out of stock or EOL or something.
What exactly is required if I want to add in the 3rd scv to the FEL so I can use my Grapple?

I understand that there are steel hoses in the kit - could one use flexible hose instead?

Is the actual 3rd spool present in the existing valve body?

(I did look through a few pages of search results and interesting reading, but there are like 300 pages of results for '3rd SCV' )

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, that was exactly the info I was looking for.

Of course this reply has been sitting unsent for almost 2 weeks.

Reactions: ttazzman

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So talking with a hydraulic expert here, he points out that if you add the 3rd SCV the factory way, your control is up on the fender by the cup holder. If your wanting to control a grappel up front with it, that is more cumbersome than a thumbswitch on the joystick to control the grapple - which there are off shelf solutions for that don't involve the 'free' third spool. Also for a grapple function having proportional control is not really needed.

Options:
1) stock 3rd SCV
needs linkages and pipes and hoses

2) thumb switch the joystick 'lift' function to 'grapple' function.
needs just some diverter kit and hoses?

3) I assume another option is to have a rocker switch on the joystick that controls a solenoid valve that gives an attachment an 'open' - 'neutral' - 'closed' control, but at a fixed flow rate
not sure if there are kits for this - probably

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.