Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
17,576 Posts
You don't want the JD round switch, it will not handle the current and you just have to wire in relays further complicating things. You just need a momentary switch that can handle about 10 amps that you can make fit into your blank.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
All,
I'm looking for the round switch (or something like it) if you know a source please link it in.

Also looking at switches I see they're asking normally open/closed. My guess is 50-50 because you're closing one to open another.....

Thanks
For the diverter you want a NO, normally open, switch. Normally open, no power to the diverter and your curl works normally.
Press and hold the switch button (momentary switch) and diverter is powered and curl function is diverted to "alternate" or 3rd function, which will be your grapple.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Friends,
I need an opinion.... As mentioned previously I wanted to buy this as a kit. The kit Kennyd mentioned from Hydraulic Store was rated on tractors up to 50hp.

I was looking at this one and going to get the joystick. Hydraulic Multiplier Selector Diverter Valve w/ Switch, 13 GPM Can anyone look at this and make a case for "why not". They had a kit with with all of the 1/2" ag couplers but they apparently sold out of them yesterday.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Friends,
I need an opinion.... As mentioned previously I wanted to buy this as a kit. The kit Kennyd mentioned from Hydraulic Store was rated on tractors up to 50hp.

I was looking at this one and going to get the joystick. Hydraulic Multiplier Selector Diverter Valve w/ Switch, 13 GPM Can anyone look at this and make a case for "why not". They had a kit with with all of the 1/2" ag couplers but they apparently sold out of them yesterday.

Much appreciated.
Have you worked out where you plan to mount it?
Do you have room to connect all the hoses to straight in connections? I used 90 adapters on mine that point forward and backward on the valve. I had to use 3 ORB standoff adapters to clear the hoses. If you have room to go straight into the valve with all your hoses you won't have that to deal with.

I wouldn't want to use ag type quick connections at the valve so the JIC will work fine. You will have to have your hoses made with the proper ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I KNOW one place I can mount it but will look for others when I have the valve in hand. Since my SCV was originally mounted on the upright of the loader frame I still have that mount which bolts onto the loader frame. I had to modify and zoom the photo so the quality is iffy but you can see the 2 holes that go all the way through. That's an option.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,576 Posts
Horsepower is meaningless in this case, pressure an flow specs are all you need to be concerned with. Looks like you have plenty of room to mount any diverter right there on that loader tower :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I see no reason not to buy the kit you linked to other than cost. The main value in that kit is the wiring harnesses provided. Those should simplify the process of connecting. The hydraulic adapters are just a few bucks each and if you plan to go JIC you might be able to use some or all of them. Kit or piecemeal will take some ingenuity and fitment either way unless you find a kit designed specifically made for your tractor and grapple combination.

The only reason to be concerned about full flow is if you wanted to operate a hydraulic motor. My grapple arrived with 1/4" hoses and it operates just fine.

The footprint of the valve is insignificant at approximately 2-1/2" x 7". How you attach the hoses is the challenge. If you screw hoses on it without using any 90* connections it becomes a big ol spider. Any way you shake it the hose connections make the assembly grow and it takes some consideration to allow the loader to articulate without chafing the hoses.

The measurements on the technical specifications for the DSV-62-08-12 valve show the holes passing through the top to bottom being 1.46" (37mm) apart lengthwise and 1.97" (50mm) apart in width offset. I can't think of any other option for mounting other than those two holes. The one I received had the bottom section of the holes threaded with 5/16" fine threads. I just used some 1/4"x3" bolts and lock nuts to secure it.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Can't thank y'all enough. Kenny's had the wiring harness also but I like that I can get the joystick handle with this one. I'll compare both valves and go from there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well, I went with the Summit kit and it came yesterday. I had to ream out the bottom nut to get it to fit on the joystick but I got it fitted up nicely. I know I'm overthinking it but I'm beginning to stress over how I mount the valve. I'm going to mount it to flat stock attached to the loader tower as previously pictured in post #26.

I am assuming the orientation of the valve is not a concern?

To keep the valve as protected as possible I want to mount the valve facing in. To do that and keep the lines feeding the valve facing down it would put the DIN connection on the forward side. I'm guessing doing it like that to keep the hydraulic line spider as manageable as possible would be smarter than worrying about where the DIN connector lands.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,576 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Kind of anticlimactic at this point but thanks to Kennyd I made it this far. All of the hydraulic is hooked up. Can't get really direct pictures because it's neatly tucked between the cab and loader tower front to back and body and mounting plate side to side.

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts