Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of these. I borrowed this photo from a website that has them for sale and will call about them but thought I'd check with you as well. Appreciate any leads.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
They almost look homemade. Not because they look bad, but because I think I could make a set, and I never saw any like that before. Are you sure they are a factory item?

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They almost look homemade. Not because they look bad, but because I think I could make a set, and I never saw any like that before. Are you sure they are a factory item?
Wow! Good eye Andy. I called about them and they are in fact homemade. He will make them to order 14" or 15", 4 hole or 5 hole. And because he makes them at home, he really likes them, likes them a whole lot. I'm still looking.

·
Administrator
18,269 Posts
Curious minds want to know, how much does he really like them?

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$225 each including the 4 ply tire. Not approved for more than 25 mph.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If it was me, I'd head to the local car junkyard and buy 4 steel wheels that are the same size. I'd either have a friend torch out the center webs, or spend a day with the 4 1/2" angle grinder and a cutoff wheel. Then I'd use the same grinder with a grinding wheel to smooth up the edges where I cut out the centers.

Then I'd get a 1' length of 3" or 4" pipe and cut four pieces 2" long.

Then I'd have a friend cut out four 6" discs from 1/4" plate and cut 3" or 4" holes in the center (to match the pipe).

Then I'd buy a few feet of 5/8" steel rods.

Then I'd weld myself up four fancy new wagon wheels. :laugh:

If you lived in PA and not Alabama I'd even help you out. :lol:

These aren't for on-road use, so you'd be more than safe pulling a wagon around your yard with them on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts