Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm trying to operate a 3 series tractor with FEL on manicured lawn. Sometimes I have to pick up brush and regularly have to haul away seaweed that has washed up - trying to avoid dragging/scraping bucket across lawn to fill the bucket with these items. To be able to scoop up materials would be ideal. I also will occasionally have downed trees/stumps to pull around, although this will not be the minority of the work performed.

I will have a separate heavy duty bucket with toothbar for non-grabbing type operations.
Looking for your thoughts on a 4-in-1 bucket (will also be moving some materials including rock and dirt) vs a debris grapple bucket vs a root rake.

I'm concerned the seaweed might just fall right through the root rake.

thanks!

·
Registered
372 Posts
4 in 1 bucket

I have a 4 in 1 bucket on my 1025r, it is mounted on a self leveling FEL. I love it, here in Australia we don,t have all the options you get in the US of A.(I have not seen a grapple here) but because of our OH&S laws all FEL's must be self leveling, so there is a thriving industry in after market loaders, most of which come standard with 4 in 1 buckets. Because the loaders are self leveling the buckets do not require spill guards so the buckets are smaller but hold the same amount of material in standard form as the OE John Deere buckets. The 4 in 1 bucket is heavier than the standard bucket so you loose a bit of capacity, but I gladly trade off some capacity for the versatility of the 4 in 1. The some of the things I like about the 4 in 1 are- I don't have to change implements. For example I removed a small tree the other day, I pushed it over and stuck the bucket under it to lift it out of the ground, I then picked it up with the hydraulic grab of the bucket and took it away on my way back I picked up some dirt and filled and leveled the hole, all without leaving the seat of the tractor. You know that last bit of dirt that won't go into the bucket, just open the bucket put it over the dirt and close it job done. There are many other uses, the uses are only limited by your imagination.
Regards John
PS sorry about the upside down picture don't know what happened?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I would look at a grapple. I just like the open tines that the dirt can fall out and you just have what you want to pick up. Like rocks, sticks, and your seaweed. Then you can leave the sand on the beach.
https://youtu.be/9DwH39W1faE

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
China?

I have a 4 in 1 bucket on my 1025r, it is mounted on a self leveling FEL. I love it, here in Australia we don,t have all the options you get in the US of A.(I have not seen a grapple here) but because of our OH&S laws all FEL's must be self leveling, so there is a thriving industry in after market loaders, most of which come standard with 4 in 1 buckets. Because the loaders are self leveling the buckets do not require spill guards so the buckets are smaller but hold the same amount of material in standard form as the OE John Deere buckets. The 4 in 1 bucket is heavier than the standard bucket so you loose a bit of capacity, but I gladly trade off some capacity for the versatility of the 4 in 1. The some of the things I like about the 4 in 1 are- I don't have to change implements. For example I removed a small tree the other day, I pushed it over and stuck the bucket under it to lift it out of the ground, I then picked it up with the hydraulic grab of the bucket and took it away on my way back I picked up some dirt and filled and leveled the hole, all without leaving the seat of the tractor. You know that last bit of dirt that won't go into the bucket, just open the bucket put it over the dirt and close it job done. There are many other uses, the uses are only limited by your imagination.
Regards John
PS sorry about the upside down picture don't know what happened?
From the middle picture I see you did some work in China moving stumps.:lol:

Ol Man

·
Registered
471 Posts
Is the 4 in 1 bucket available in the states for the 1 series? I always liked the 4 in buckets!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts