Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have won a few local awards for this recipe. It's not for everyone, but I love it because you can eat it with a fork. It's a creation I came up with over the past 10yrs. I have added and subtracted different items, but this seems to be my go to now and it feeds a lot of people. Make sure you have a larger crock pot. Adjust as needed. Sorry, no pics. I will edit this post the next time I make it.

2lbs. ground beef
2lbs. country sausage
1lb. bacon - cook and cut into pieces
1lb. goetta
2 green peppers- dice
1 red pepper- dice
1 onion- dice
2 cans of tomato paste
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can of corn (drain)
2 cans of black beans (drain)
1 bottle of Franks hot sauce (this is for taste, this doesn't make it real spicy)
1TBSP of cinnamon
1/2 CUP of brown sugar

Cook the meat, drain. Add to crock pot. After you drain the cans of corn and beans, dump them into the crock pot along with the diced veggies. Stir in cinnamon and brown sugar.
Set on low for 3-4hrs. Stir as needed. You won't regret it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,028 Posts
I have won a few local awards for this recipe. It's not for everyone, but I love it because you can eat it with a fork. It's a creation I came up with over the past 10yrs. I have added and subtracted different items, but this seems to be my go to now and it feeds a lot of people. Make sure you have a larger crock pot. Adjust as needed. Sorry, no pics. I will edit this post the next time I make it.

2lbs. ground beef
2lbs. country sausage
1lb. bacon - cook and cut into pieces
1lb. goetta
2 green peppers- dice
1 red pepper- dice
1 onion- dice
2 cans of tomato paste
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can of corn (drain)
2 cans of black beans (drain)
1 bottle of Franks hot sauce (this is for taste, this doesn't make it real spicy)
1TBSP of cinnamon
1/2 CUP of brown sugar

Cook the meat, drain. Add to crock pot. After you drain the cans of corn and beans, dump them into the crock pot along with the diced veggies. Stir in cinnamon and brown sugar.
Set on low for 3-4hrs. Stir as needed. You won't regret it.
:thumbup1gif:
You better hurry cause I'm on it!!!!
Can you leave the goetta out? I too never heard of it and not sure I can get it here.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I had to look up goetta, I have never seen/heard of it before! :laugh:
Same here^^^. Sounds like one may need a few rolaids on the side for the aftermath but we love some chili and this looks like a good one:thumbup1gif:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts