Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if anyone here has a 4 post lift and puts their SCUT on it for service. I am current planning to build a 30x40 garage with 12 foot walls ( garage size and walls are maximum allowed in my Twp) and install a lift.

Thank you,

Awk

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I put my machines on a 2 post. Here is the 2305 living the high life.

Why a 4 post?

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Why a 4 post?
I will use the 4 post to keep me Buick GN up and out of the way, plus service all my other toys. I can move to 4 post to any area in the garage if needed.

Curious, how tall is your ceiling in your garage?

I really like all you signs and gas pumps globes.

AWK

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I will use the 4 post to keep me Buick GN up and out of the way, plus service all my other toys. I can move to 4 post to any area in the garage if needed.

Curious, how tall is your ceiling in your garage?

I really like all you signs and gas pumps globes.

AWK
The ceiling height is about 11' 8". The 2 post was cut down about 6" to clear. The 2 post is my service lift and I use a couple other 4 posts for storage, have not had the tractors on them.

Thanks, the gas station stuff is another hobby.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Randy, you really should take some time and clean your shop.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts

Why a 4 post?
So....freaking.....jealous.......:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Randy your shop looks great! I never thought of using a twin post that way.
Really like your signage also! They are getting harder and harder to find unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for them, nice.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:focus:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Orange lift posts? :munch:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
You can come clean with us Randy, we know there is a orange tractor hidden around there somewhere, lol

Even if he does it's still outnumbered. He's got TWO green ones

·
Registered
20 Posts
pour a deeper pad 8'' to anchor hoist post also you might want to bury pipe to run any hyd or electric lines. i put a floor drain under my hoist.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pour a deeper pad 8'' to anchor hoist post also you might want to bury pipe to run any hyd or electric lines. i put a floor drain under my hoist.
The lift has a caster option so I can move it around the garage. I like that since I could store it in the corner and move it out when I need it for service. The lift I am getting is the BendPak HD-9XW.

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
42 Posts
AWK- A year ago, I was in your same shoes. I wanted a lift to work on my 3/4 ton Dodge extended cab and the wife's car also. I also thought it would be an added bonus if it would work for tractor maintenance, too. 2320 fits sideways perfectly. I ended up with the HD9-XW and haven't looked back since. Didn't want anything permanently anchored to my new shed floor, and didn't want to get on my knees to adjust arms of a 2-post lift (kinda defeats the purpose). I have been pleasantly surprised with a built-in workbench when doing brake work or similar. I don't think you will be dissapointed with yours, either.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AWK- A year ago, I was in your same shoes. I wanted a lift to work on my 3/4 ton Dodge extended cab and the wife's car also. I also thought it would be an added bonus if it would work for tractor maintenance, too. 2320 fits sideways perfectly. I ended up with the HD9-XW and haven't looked back since. Didn't want anything permanently anchored to my new shed floor, and didn't want to get on my knees to adjust arms of a 2-post lift (kinda defeats the purpose). I have been pleasantly surprised with a built-in workbench when doing brake work or similar. I don't think you will be dissapointed with yours, either.
PERFECT! That is exactly what I wanted to see and read! You also have the exact lift I want. Did you use your 2320 in the assemble process? I was hoping I could do that along with my engine hoist.
I really appreciate you taking time to take pictures and post this. I know the HD9-XW has two width setting for the runners. Are you able to manually adjust or do you assemble it one way and leave it?

Thanks again,

AWK

1 - 20 of 26 Posts