Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I just bought a 401A (as labelled on the Loader frame) but the tractor tally plate at the transmission says she is a 401-R. I bought the 401A Operators Manual from JD but can't figure out if there is actually a parts list and service manual for this thing configured as a loader backhoe and I don't see a 401-R anywhere on their site.... thoughts?
Thanks, Rob

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I am thinking you have a 401C tractor with loader and backhoe. The 401A is the loader only just from JDParts.

401 Tractor.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,838 Posts
The "401R" appears to have been a specialty machine built for the Navy according to an Ebay ad I found. According to him, it's just an open station 401 with a ROPS. (The ROPS wasn't standard equipment back then...).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info

Thanks gents,
That makes much more sense to me then. I also, frankly, love the idea that a 410-R was a Navy special order.... being a retired Stoker I think that is pretty cool!!!! True or not I think I'll run with it!
Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 1974 JD 401-B industrial tractor/loader. Does anyone have any of the manuals in PDF format that you could upload or send to me? Looking for the operation manual, technical maintenance TM-1091, and parts catalogue PC-1430. These are very pricey and would appreciate any help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts