Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my name is bo, i was hoping for some help on my 4010. the injection pump died so i bought a new pump the problem is they sent me a pump from a 4020 instead of a 4010. will this pump work? or should i contact them and get the correct pump? my pump has the throttle linkage on one side and the fuel shut off cable on the other. the new pump only has the throttle linkage and its on the wrong side. the new pump they sent me dosent have the fuel shutoff cable. Ive uploaded some pics the silver one is original to tractor and green one is the new one. thanks for the help

Attachments

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Not sure if they are completely compatible but those roosamater DB pumps can be repaired on your truck tail gate with a reseal kit for about 30 dollars.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
12,176 Posts
Either return the 4020 pump for a 4010 pump, or transfer the parts needed from your 4010 pump, to the 4020 pump. If the later is done, contact the seller prior to doing so.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I would return the incorrect pump and make them send the correct one. The timing was different between the 4010 and 4020 as well as the throttle and shut-off linkages. Could you bolt it on and make it work? Probably. But If I was paying for a rebuilt pump, it better be the correct one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if they are completely compatible but those roosamater DB pumps can be repaired on your truck tail gate with a reseal kit for about 30 dollars.

got any instructions on how to do it? the pump pours fuel out the timing window and it never makes it to the injector lines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the timing issue was concerning to me (not knowing what to time it to) also the throttle linkage would have to changed. then there is the question of the fuel shut off as in the new pump dosent have one that i can see.
thanks for everyone's input i think i will call them tomorrow and see how long it will take them to send me the correct pump. this one took almost 2 weeks since they didnt have one on the shelf.

again thank you all and Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I would return the incorrect pump and make them send the correct one. The timing was different between the 4010 and 4020 as well as the throttle and shut-off linkages. Could you bolt it on and make it work? Probably. But If I was paying for a rebuilt pump, it better be the correct one.
I agree with jd110.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I agree with jd110.
Add me to the send the wrong pump back crowd. Do not try and make it work or transfer parts from the old pump to it. Get the correct pump.

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Get the right pump.... that said the impeller rotor seal is bad leading to hard starts and then a complete fail down the road. Seal kit is usually a 30 dollar kit and you will usually get a new fiber impeller as well with it. you can have yours rebuilt by a competent mechanic and keep it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts