Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post one or a link to a complete one. I have 24 volts to places that I should't have it. When I push the horn button the head lights get brighter. Oil light doesn't come on unless I turn on the headlights.
Thanks, Nella

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Welcome to GTT
Does your tractor have a wire preferably with an inline fuse from LH rear battery post to tractor frame? This wire splits the 24 volt system into 2 circuits to operate 12 volt accessories such as oil pressure lamp,fuel gauge & headlamps.You can view wiring schematics at JDparts.com by pulling up 4020 parts catalog for tractors under serial # 200,999 or better yet a JD 4000 series tech manual. My advice from yrs experience of diagnosing 24 volt systems while employed as service manager at a JD dealership is to convert your tractors 24 volt elect system to 12 volts. 12 volt starters/batteries built today are much stronger than when 4020's were built back in the mid 60's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to GTT
Does your tractor have a wire preferably with an inline fuse from LH rear battery post to tractor frame? This wire splits the 24 volt system into 2 circuits to operate 12 volt accessories such as oil pressure lamp,fuel gauge & headlamps.

Yes, it has the inline fuse on the left battery. Dose it belong on the pos. or neg post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts