Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got my starter and solenoid installed and all wired up. Everything works great except the tractor wont start. I drained the fuel filter and pumped it back up with the hand pump, I then checked the return line, it had fuel in it, after that I loosened what I read was the bleed bolt on the injection pump and the fuel barely comes out with the hand pump and comes out with a little more pressure when I crank the engine. Then finally I pulled one of the hollow screws from one of the injector lines and I couldn't see nor get anything to come out. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I did. The tractor is a 1968. I was told that I could tap on the meeting valve and it might come loose and start working

·
Registered
993 Posts
Try loosening the fitting where supply fuel line attaches to injection pump and then pump hand primer until it pushes out good fuel there. tighten the fitting and then try again. If no fuel still comes out of hollow banjo bolt, then something is bad in pump. I assume it has the correct injection pump for a '68 model with no wires going to it for fuel shut-off? How long since it last ran? Did it start with previous starter?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Also, if it is a synchro range, you can try tow starting it, If parts inside of pump are sticking due to sitting for extended period of time, sometimes if pump spins faster than cranking speed it can help free it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts