Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post to this site, but long time lurker. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. I just received my 4044r this past friday. I had the dealer install the 3rd function and 4th and 5th remotes. I have these 2 rocker switches on console, (see pic) and the best I can tell by reading the manual is they are for continuous flow. Now my main question, my 3 point will not work unless the rocker switch on the right is lit up green. Turn it off and no lift on 3 point. Also when it is engaged, it makes a whining sound and the hydraulic lines going to the 4th and 5th outlets get hot. My dealer was no help when I picked it up ,said it was the first one they have installed. Can someone please help me out here. Am I missing something? Thankyou..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I have the 4th and 5th, but not the 3rd. I do not have to hit the rocker switch for the 3pt to work.

Dave

·
Registered
4,352 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Your dealer has installed something incorrectly. There is no reason that the 3pt control should be affected by how these switches are set. The reason you are hearing a weird sound and the lines are getting hot is either something is "dead heading" or going into bypass. Again, this is the dealers problem to fix.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Maybe there needs to be a short hose connecting the 2 power beyond ports together, allowing bypass flow, if the backhoe isn't installed. Just a guess. Return it to the dealer immediately.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I will call them tomorrow. I figured this couldn't be right. The manual says the rocker switches are for continuous flow and could not figure out why the rocker switch had to be on for 3 point. The lines to the 4th and 5th got so hot you couldn't touch them with your hand. Thanks again.

·
Administrator
18,787 Posts
Your dealer has installed something incorrectly. There is no reason that the 3pt control should be affected by how these switches are set. The reason you are hearing a weird sound and the lines are getting hot is either something is "dead heading" or going into bypass. Again, this is the dealers problem to fix.
I agree 110%.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a 4044R, 3rd, 4th and 5th installed

They all work fine with all switches in off position, no whining, no slapping, no heating - Switches are only for continuous flow - the switch with the "gear and III" symbol is for the 3rd function continuous flow

There are some definite "Got'Cha's" on the install and an extra tube you have to order separately or it won't work

This was the first for my dealer as well, luckily I was over seas for 6 weeks and they had tons of time to get it installed, re order parts they missed, install and make sure everything was fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 4044R, 3rd, 4th and 5th installed

They all work fine with all switches in off position, no whining, no slapping, no heating - Switches are only for continuous flow - the switch with the "gear and III" symbol is for the 3rd function continuous flow

There are some definite "Got'Cha's" on the install and an extra tube you have to order separately or it won't work

This was the first for my dealer as well, luckily I was over seas for 6 weeks and they had tons of time to get it installed, re order parts they missed, install and make sure everything was fine.
Thankyou. I Called dealer this morning and service manager agreed it wasn't right. They came this morning and picked it up. Hopefully they figure it out quick..I might take this thread in there in let them read it.
On another note, I paid the extra for hard lines down the loader for my 3rd function. See pic, but these are the small quick connections they installed and didn't even put dust caps on quick connections. I'm having them install 1/2 inch connections. Pretty crazy seeing how that was alot more money for hard lines. All keep you updated on what dealer figures out.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,787 Posts
Make sure they have this document, it describes all the parts needed for various configurations.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thankyou. I Called dealer this morning and service manager agreed it wasn't right. They came this morning and picked it up. Hopefully they figure it out quick..I might take this thread in there in let them read it.
On another note, I paid the extra for hard lines down the loader for my 3rd function. See pic, but these are the small quick connections they installed and didn't even put dust caps on quick connections. I'm having them install 1/2 inch connections. Pretty crazy seeing how that was alot more money for hard lines. All keep you updated on what dealer figures out.

Thanks.
I have the 3rd function with the same size lines run to the front of the loader as you have (no dust caps either). If I were you, I would check the mounting brackets that hold the 3rd function lines to the side arms of the loader. Check the screws that hold the brackets (screws are threaded into the loader arms). My screws popped out of the threaded holes and the brackets came loose. Make sure your tubing/brackets are secure and fastened down well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks.
I have the 3rd function with the same size lines run to the front of the loader as you have (no dust caps either). If I were you, I would check the mounting brackets that hold the 3rd function lines to the side arms of the loader. Check the screws that hold the brackets (screws are threaded into the loader arms). My screws popped out of the threaded holes and the brackets came loose. Make sure your tubing/brackets are secure and fastened down well.
Deereboots, thanks for the reply, yes the clips looked pretty cheesey, I believe they are plastic clips. Did you leave the same clips on there or change them out? Also what did you do on the quick connect couplers? Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I left the couplers as is. I always keep a can of gumout carburetor cleaner to spray and clean the dirt out before connecting.

I used to have trouble connecting the hoses from my grapple. The pressure would buildup in the grapple hydraulics when it set in the sun/heated up. The pressure made it impossible to push the connectors together. But now, when I disconnect the grapple, I just push one of the grapple fittings against the grapple and let a little hydro fluid squirt out, that keeps the grapple from building pressure while being stored.

I still have the same clips. One has completely fell off - I still have it - will probably re-tap the hole and use a bigger screw.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I left the couplers as is. I always keep a can of gumout carburetor cleaner to spray and clean the dirt out before connecting.

I used to have trouble connecting the hoses from my grapple. The pressure would buildup in the grapple hydraulics when it set in the sun/heated up. The pressure made it impossible to push the connectors together. But now, when I disconnect the grapple, I just push one of the grapple fittings against the grapple and let a little hydro fluid squirt out, that keeps the grapple from building pressure while being stored.

I still have the same clips. One has completely fell off - I still have it - will probably re-tap the hole and use a bigger screw.
Thankyou. I will keep a close eye on them.

·
Administrator
18,787 Posts
Kennyd, thanks for the reply. Not sure if it's on my end, but i cannot get the document to load. Thanks
If your on a PC it should download, its a pdf file. Not sure it will work on a mobile device.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Kennyd, thanks for the reply. Not sure if it's on my end, but i cannot get the document to load. Thanks
It is a PDF, but the dealer has a PPT with clickable links

If your on a PC it should download, its a pdf file. Not sure it will work on a mobile device.
It works on iOS for sure

Thanks.
Yup, pretty cheesy, but that is what they look like

·
Registered
389 Posts

You are half right. Something is definitely bypassing. But deadheaded hydraulics will not cause noise or anything to overheat.

·
Administrator
18,787 Posts
But deadheaded hydraulics will not cause noise or anything to overheat.

In an open center hydraulic system that is untrue. If you block the flow or "deadhead" the pump, there will be noise, the fluid will overheat, and if the PRV is not functioning properly the pump will be damaged.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts