Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I have a 2019 compact 4044M tractor. The manual said to push in the button with a screwdriver to open the hood. I did and the rod came off inside and the hood is still shut... Any suggestions on how to open it to access the battery?

Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well that stinks. I'll look at my tractor and see if I can offer any solutions.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Not quite your model but perhaps similar.

No way to get the side panels off I'm guessing??

This thread has pics that "may" be of some use...

2038r hood latch problem

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
can you use a big long 1/4" drive extension to poke through the hole and move the latch? :think:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good afternoon,

I have a 2019 compact 4044M tractor. The manual said to push in the button with a screwdriver to open the hood. I did and the rod came off inside and the hood is still shut... Any suggestions on how to open it to access the battery?

Thanks!
Call John Deere dealer, they sent a technician out to fix mine, it is a poor design.

Larry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it was a poor design. When I put the screw driver in and pushed it the rod fell right out with the hood still latched.

Anyway, I ended up drilling a slightly larger hole in the side opposite the opening hole and put a heavy gauge fence wire through with a hook and released it by pulling the rod from the other side. It wasn't perfect, but it worked and the hole is barely noticeable...but not optimal.

Problem solved! Thanks for your help and ideas.

·
Old Pa-pa
12,144 Posts
Yes, it was a poor design. When I put the screw driver in and pushed it the rod fell right out with the hood still latched.

Anyway, I ended up drilling a slightly larger hole in the side opposite the opening hole and put a heavy gauge fence wire through with a hook and released it by pulling the rod from the other side. It wasn't perfect, but it worked and the hole is barely noticeable...but not optimal.

Problem solved! Thanks for your help and ideas.
You might consider doing what I did.

Recessed hood latch release on new 4066r's and others

Note: The rod is held to the unlatch mechanism by a little cotter hair pin, you might consider using a real cotter pin to hold it
because them little cotter hair pins can lose tension real easy and fall out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts