Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 4044r open station, 2000 790 open station
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4044r when I lift the 3pt I hear the hydraulics bypass (hiss) when it gets to the top and wont stop until i back off a little. The adjusting rod had a broken spring pin 34m7028 (64 cents at JD).

After worrying about how to remove the liquid filled rear tire. It was easier then I thought. angled and rolled it next to the front tire. Used tie downs to keep it upright. it is easy to roll but I did not want to have to lift it up. I don't know how much it weighs ( I'm guessing approx 800 lbs)

"O " was broken. I was able to pull "N" off since the pin was already broken. Then I was able to push the broken pin out if the shaft. Putting the new pin in was not as easy. Started the pin on the lever while it was out. the lip on the lever blocks seeing the pin I used a hex bit to extend the length of the pin so I could see when to tap it in. With limited space it was hard to hit it hard enough to get it to move. got it after some frustration.

After setting the adjusting rod it seems to have fixed the problem. But after raising and lowering the 3pt a few times the spring pin broke again.

Repeated and replaced the pin again. I was very careful setting the adjustment rod.

Broke again

I'm wondering what else to check. Why does it keep breaking?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had problems with mine in the shaft was getting rusty in the case and froze up.
I had the same problem with the range selector.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up another pin from JD and talked with a mechanic about it. He recommended taking it apart and clean/polish or replacing the whole assembly if that doesn't work. I'm going to try and clean it up and inspect for damage. I ordered a gasket.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Had the same problem on my 4066R. You will need to take it apart and clean part F. I took some 400 grit sand paper and polished the shaft. I then greased it and reinstalled. Has been fine ever since. Good luck. It’s not as bad of a job as it looks.

Reactions: 1stGen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took it apart and W did not want to move . Knocked it out with a center punch and hammer. I used 400 grit sand paper to polish it along with the hole. it now slides in and moves. Noticed J was damaged so when I get that I can reinstall.

I had to remove the seat to get to one of the lines to get the manifold out

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve got the exact same issue on my 4044r. Took a while to isolate the problem. I’m waiting on gasket and roll pin to come in before I tear it down. I’ve got a cab so I have to remove tire to access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All done and put back together. It is nice not hearing the bypass hiss anymore.

"J" had two different thrust washers depending on your tractor's serial number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts