10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,751 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
This guy has a decent yt channel...one of the Saw Mill guys I watch as He's only a couple hours south of me.

My bet is He had the loader up...My ground is way steeper..and my 955 is low profile with all tires loaded.

He had a different tractor not long ago...needs to realign His Roof.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This guy has a decent yt channel...one of the Saw Mill guys I watch as He's only a couple hours south of me.

My bet is He had the loader up...My ground is way steeper..and my 955 is low profile with all tires loaded.

He had a different tractor not long ago...needs to realign His Roof.
He says not. Apparently he was just making a turn at the bottom of the hill. I asked if he has loaded tires and he said no. I wonder if that would have helped keep the center of gravity low? I know those fiberglass canopys are heavy which raises the center of gravity even more.

·
Registered
12,521 Posts
He says not. Apparently he was just making a turn at the bottom of the hill. I asked if he has loaded tires and he said no. I wonder if that would have helped keep the center of gravity low? I know those fiberglass canopys are heavy which raises the center of gravity even more.
In the beginning of the first video when he is down by the tractor is doesn't look that steep, I thought maybe he hit a hole on the low side. Once he put the camera up top and started the recovery with his truck it showed the true incline he was on. One of our horse pastures is very similar, I let the horses do the mowing down there.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Helluva guy, to document all that.

Is it just me, or does the right rear wheel look like it has some gnarly camber to it?
I noticed it as they were pulling it up the hill, and then at the end of the 2nd video. Probably just an illusion.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
When trying to relieve pressures causing the engine to lock up, some safety glasses would have been good. That oil on his face could have been in his eyes. The anxiety of the situation and the urgency to see if it can be repaired can make us forgetful.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Seat belt

Crazy. Glad he had a seat belt on.

This is day after the roll over
Tractor Roll Over Day 2. Did I Ruin My Engine? - YouTube
Might have been a funeral video without the seatbelt.

It was obviously a slope there but hard to see how the tractor flipped unless it was a sharp turn, a low spot on the downslope tire, too much speed or the loader was up.

Hard to tell from the video.

I know if it had been me I would have needed a change of clothes and would not have been as calm and collected.

Treefarmer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts