Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
New 4044R cab, MX6 Cutter, 440 FEL, Aftermarket mirrors
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 4044R is a sweet addition to our little operation. Working around the house, mowing around kennel buildings, helping the FIL around the rest of the farm... But I truly despise that JD style quick attach setup! First order of business was to fabricate a plate to change it to skidsteer QA. I found the JD style plate and SSQA plates on ebay. Couldn't justify my dealer's price quote. (Actually felt chest pains when he told me what they'd cost through him!) Since I know a little about fabrication, I decided to build my own.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Green Vehicle

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,651 Posts
Nice fab job (y)

FYI JD does offer a SSQA setup (not an adapter) so you can retain the lift capacity and geometry of your loader.

Reactions: DBCSteve and Fercik

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. I priced everything when I ordered the tractor. Just couldn't justify the cost. They're a little too proud of that stuff!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice fab job (y)

FYI JD does offer a SSQA setup (not an adapter) so you can retain the lift capacity and geometry of your loader.
As for the fab job, I ain't near as good as I once was. My eyesight has really went to crap in the last ten years, as you can tell by the welds. I'd get a new butthole ripped for that kinda crap when I was on the job. Glad I don't have to impress nobody now... But thank you for trying to make me feel better!

• Haha
Reactions: rtgt and ridesdirt

·
Registered
114 Posts
looks good ,
not sure what attachment you are going to use on the adaptor
is there a reason you put the SSQA up to the top that high on the JDQA plates ?
It would seem to me the lower part of those tabs will be below my SSQA grapple / Samurai and be dragging into the ground
Just seems a bit too high to me from your pics
Sky Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood

Attachments

Reactions: shoot4fun

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks good ,
not sure what attachment you are going to use on the adaptor
is there a reason you put the SSQA up to the top that high on the JDQA plates ?
It would seem to me the lower part of those tabs will be below my SSQA grapple / Samurai and be dragging into the ground
Just seems a bit too high to me from your pics
View attachment 841538
You're correct. It is higher than normal. Most of our attachments have plenty below the QA to prevent damage. I'll have to watch it on one or two, or I'll build another adapter. Home built Muck buckets and smaller attachments are all this tractor will ever have on it. I have access to bigger tractors if I need to get serious!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts