Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to purchase a grapple for a JD 4052m and looking for input. I’ve been reading plenty of posts (most seem to be on smaller tractors) but I can’t make up my mind.

The primary uses will be moving logs (up to 36”) onto a bandsaw mill and moving brush piles around the property. This isn’t full time commercial use by any means. Currently at the top of my list:
-EA Wicked 60 Root Rake Grapple
-EA Wicked Root Grapple
(However expensive and long wait time)

-Root grapple vs root rake grapple?
-Single vs double lid
-Experience with either of these EA grapples
-Suggestions on other brands/models?
-Any other input you’d like to share

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies so far guys…I’m at work so just been browsing over the post while I can. One of the main selling points of the EA for me was really the weight/strength ratio. Not so much because I’m going to beat it up daily on a construction site. More bc it’s not a large skid steer so moving logs I don’t wanna eat a lot of my capacity with a 800lb grapple or have a 600lb grapple made of Chinese steel that’s going to break. Many of these suggested brands seem to have very limited info on the specs (weight specifically) on their websites but I’m def open to looking at these harder. Also very pro buying any company building USA made equipment.

Anybody have experience/preference when it comes to a root grapple vs rake? I like the closer center of gravity with the rake style and there are many videos of people carrying logs with them. Any issues with the hydraulics holding things since it’s more of a clamp than a shelf the load is sitting on?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.