Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a brand new 4052M, caught a screw on a trailer while hauling the tractor to help a friend last night. Punctured the sidewall... I put a plug in it to hold pressure, but as always sidewalls are risky.

They're the 16.9 - 24 Galaxy R4 tires, John Deere wants $2500 for a tire, because it comes with rim. Absurd...

I have found what I believe is the right tire for $550 shipped, but was curious if anyone else has replaced their tires without getting extorted by JD?

I believe this is the right tire, but it doesn't say EZ Rider anywhere on the ones on the tractor anywhere.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
2020 JD 4066R
24 Posts
We have a local tire store here that works on tractor tires - I replaced 2 rear tires on a my old IH 240A a few years back for about $1,100. I took the wheels off and brought them in. You probably have a place somewhere close that sells/mounts ag tires.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
A tire shop could probably put an inside patch in.

Reactions: Toyocruiser

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have several good ones, they've been called, but they apparently can't get the same model tire. So that would require 2 new tires to replace 1 month old ones so that they match in size.

That's why I'm trying to validate the model of tire so I can order the exact same one, and only purchase 1.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Have a brand new 4052M, caught a screw on a trailer while hauling the tractor to help a friend last night. Punctured the sidewall... I put a plug in it to hold pressure, but as always sidewalls are risky.

They're the 16.9 - 24 Galaxy R4 tires, John Deere wants $2500 for a tire, because it comes with rim. Absurd...

I have found what I believe is the right tire for $550 shipped, but was curious if anyone else has replaced their tires without getting extorted by JD?

I believe this is the right tire, but it doesn't say EZ Rider anywhere on the ones on the tractor anywhere.

View attachment 810211

Thanks folks!
I have a new pair of rear R4 take off tires from my 4066R, that I would gladly sell for 500 plus shipping.
I have the fronts as well that would through in for another 100.00 .
They are still on Rims but I could get them removed from the rims.
They are also loaded so to avoid shipping the liquid ballast.
I would need to have them pumped down anyway.
PM if your interested.

Reactions: trav

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Pretty sure tubes are available too, that is what I would do...

and I would be sick with a 1 month old tire and a hole in the sidewall... I would see it every time I got on the dang thing. Hate that happened to you man!

·
Registered
X320, 3720 W/ 300cx loader, 5'ford 917 flail, CL 6' box blade, 64 massy 165
600 Posts
I recently bought 2 front galaxy mighty mow turfs. So I checked to see if they had yours. They have 3. Don't know what shipping would be though.
Automotive tire Output device Tread Font Eyelash

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts

View attachment 810211

Thanks folks!
You can have a commercial (HD Ag & Construction) tire shop put a vulcanized patch on the inner sidewall. It's only a puncture which shouldn't compromise the tire and being a low speed application should be A-OK.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Silly forum won't let me yet,
Just 6 more posts and you can use the conversation feature. The 10 post min has helped keep spammers from contacting members and getting scammed.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Silly forum won't let me yet, I've only been lurking here for years, never had a need to post. Can you pm me, interested.
PM sent or in GTT terms conversation started.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Here is a pic .
Little dirty but can still see the nibs on them.
They are stored inside .
Automotive tire Tire Hood Tread Yellow

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Thanks for the replies, so these are the EZ Rider? I found several places online with them, but wasn't certain that was the model since it's not on the tire.
Lemme help your post count! Respond to us. :D

I'd hate not to have a nice new tire but years of living by a tire place who knew hot patches makes me say that I'd patch that bad boy in a heartbeat.

Though cc1999's tire would make me think...

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
wrong thread. Lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is all I was loading the the tractor on a trailer for too. Which kills me, the 3038E I had for 4 years prior got abused to hell and back with all the rock and locust trees on our farm and never hurt a tire. A 10 mile trailer ride took this out because of a screw head.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Water Pumpkin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cc1999, if
Just 6 more posts and you can use the conversation feature. The 10 post min has helped keep spammers from contacting members and getting scammed.
Oh I get it, I thought I had posted on this forum before, but apparently just lurked. That reminds me I need to order another set of hooks for this new tractor Kenny... those things are worth their weight in gold. Got used constantly on the previous tractor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.