Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
not sure about the tractor.....but i really like your 2 add-ons there 馃槂 馃殰

(sounds like a good setup)

Registered
looks serious.....what happened to your helpers :)...........first thing i would have changed would have been those bottom link turnbuckle type links...i hate those passionately..... 馃憤....i rarely take my 4 series loader off but i do on the 5 series....it sure makes a difference

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I've got those in my sights. I've got a few of my implements working with the I match so it hasn't been a real issue yet.

Premium Member
I have to ask, wouldn鈥檛 it have been simpler to just have bought an 鈥漅鈥 in the first place? The cost of the loader alone would have nearly got you there. And there鈥檚 the other options that are included with an 鈥淩鈥 like Auxiliary Rockshaft Control and Hitch Assist both operable from the rear of the tractor, and Automotive Style Cruise Control with accel and decel to name a few.

I don鈥檛 mean to rain on your parade because you obviously enjoy adding additional features to your tractor. No matter whether you bough an 鈥淢鈥 or an 鈥淩鈥, you鈥檇 still would have had to add the additional hydraulics yourself or pay Deere lots of money to do it. Just curious.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I work for a Deere dealership so in all I saved several thousands by going this route. I looked hard at the Rs too but the features above the M, I could live without. I wanted a base model with removable loader and be able to control the Top and Tilt through the joy stick. With the I match, hitch assist really isn't needed. I do have some implements that will not work with the I match though.

Registered
I have to ask, wouldn鈥檛 it have been simpler to just have bought an 鈥漅鈥 in the first place? The cost of the loader alone would have nearly got you there. And there鈥檚 the other options that are included with an 鈥淩鈥 like Auxiliary Rockshaft Control and Hitch Assist both operable from the rear of the tractor, and Automotive Style Cruise Control with accel and decel to name a few.

I don鈥檛 mean to rain on your parade because you obviously enjoy adding additional features to your tractor. No matter whether you bough an 鈥淢鈥 or an 鈥淩鈥, you鈥檇 still would have had to add the additional hydraulics yourself or pay Deere lots of money to do it. Just curious.
Aux rockshaft control is a part of the "Hitch Assist" package which is "available" on the 4R but not standard equipment.

Jeff

Reactions: JDLTG

Premium Member
Did the dealer let you move your loader to another tractor? If so, that must have saved $$$. I like your plan to get what you want for the least $$$ (y) 馃

Reactions: PJR832 and rtgt

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
It came from the factory as "Less loader". The dealership that it went to added the 400E loader to it. When my dealer transferred in for me, they let me take that loader package off.

Premium Member
Aux rockshaft control is a part of the "Hitch Assist" package which is "available" on the 4R but not standard equipment.

Jeff
That鈥檚 not how it was when my salesman and I went through the spec sheet to get my 4R ordered last year. The 4R with ehydro included the hitch assist. It was not listed as an option. We went through all the options one by one and I picked what options I wanted. Hitch assist was not listed in any of the options. Even the brochure listed the standard 4R upgrades. It was probably an option on power reverser transmissions, although not sure how that would work. Maybe they changed availability in 2020.

Premium Member
Reactions: PJR832 and rtgt

Registered
That鈥檚 not how it was when my salesman and I went through the spec sheet to get my 4R ordered last year. The 4R with ehydro included the hitch assist. It was not listed as an option. We went through all the options one by one and I picked what options I wanted. Hitch assist was not listed in any of the options. Even the brochure listed the standard 4R upgrades. It was probably an option on power reverser transmissions, although not sure how that would work. Maybe they changed availability in 2020.

View attachment 747383
Well,.....(Tail between legs), I stand corrected.
I swear that when I was deciding between a 3R and 4R, that hitch assist was an option on the 4R. However, I have slept since then. Maybe it was optional and everyone ordered it so they made it standard. Who knows. Thanks for correcting me.

Jeff

Reactions: JDLTG

Premium Member
Thanks for correcting me.
I wasn鈥檛 trying to correct you, it鈥檚 just my experience was different. Who knows, Deere changes things all the time, maybe they had made it an option now.

Hitch Assist is one of the best things they ever put on a tractor. I use it every time when I connect an implement to the iMatch or the drawbar. It鈥檚 too bad it鈥檚 not available on the 3R series too.

Registered
Hitch Assist was std on my 2014 4066R cab. Great feature.

Dave

Reactions: JDLTG and Jet Dr.

Registered
I too am thinking about possibly doing similar thing by ordering the 4M and upgrading to the level of 4R. The interesting thing is it seems if you were to build the 4M and 4R, both with PowerReverser as identical as possible, the 4M would end up being about $1250 cheaper even after doing upgrades to bring it closer to the level of 4R.

鈥楾he 4R has deluxe swivel seat, dual mid valve kit (floor joystick), and pull-pin 3-point stabilizers which 4M does not have (they have sway chain type stabilizers). Those can be upgraded/added on.

Both of them have the same ROPS (folding), frame, engine, transmission, hydraulic system. The operator control/station are somewhat similar except for the seat, rubber floormat, adjustable steering wheel tilt, floor mounted loader joystick, etc. What else am I missing, or is the extra difference pretty much just marketing?

Reactions: PJR832

Registered
Bump

1 - 20 of 22 Posts