Green Tractor Talk banner

4052M with 4R options

7K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  shamrock12 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has a 4M with 4R options on it. Mine has the 4R loader and and diverter kit to operate the top and tilt.

See less See more
#4 ·
looks serious.....what happened to your helpers :)...........first thing i would have changed would have been those bottom link turnbuckle type links...i hate those passionately..... 👍....i rarely take my 4 series loader off but i do on the 5 series....it sure makes a difference

#7 ·
I have to ask, wouldn’t it have been simpler to just have bought an ”R” in the first place? The cost of the loader alone would have nearly got you there. And there’s the other options that are included with an “R” like Auxiliary Rockshaft Control and Hitch Assist both operable from the rear of the tractor, and Automotive Style Cruise Control with accel and decel to name a few.

I don’t mean to rain on your parade because you obviously enjoy adding additional features to your tractor. No matter whether you bough an “M” or an “R”, you’d still would have had to add the additional hydraulics yourself or pay Deere lots of money to do it. Just curious.

#9 ·
Aux rockshaft control is a part of the "Hitch Assist" package which is "available" on the 4R but not standard equipment.

Jeff

Reactions: JDLTG
#8 ·
I work for a Deere dealership so in all I saved several thousands by going this route. I looked hard at the Rs too but the features above the M, I could live without. I wanted a base model with removable loader and be able to control the Top and Tilt through the joy stick. With the I match, hitch assist really isn't needed. I do have some implements that will not work with the I match though.

#10 ·
Did the dealer let you move your loader to another tractor? If so, that must have saved $$$. I like your plan to get what you want for the least $$$ (y) 🤠

Reactions: PJR832 and rtgt
#14 ·
Nice job!

Reactions: PJR832 and rtgt
#18 ·
Hitch Assist was std on my 2014 4066R cab. Great feature.

Dave

Reactions: JDLTG and Jet Dr.
#19 · (Edited)
I too am thinking about possibly doing similar thing by ordering the 4M and upgrading to the level of 4R. The interesting thing is it seems if you were to build the 4M and 4R, both with PowerReverser as identical as possible, the 4M would end up being about $1250 cheaper even after doing upgrades to bring it closer to the level of 4R.

‘The 4R has deluxe swivel seat, dual mid valve kit (floor joystick), and pull-pin 3-point stabilizers which 4M does not have (they have sway chain type stabilizers). Those can be upgraded/added on.

Both of them have the same ROPS (folding), frame, engine, transmission, hydraulic system. The operator control/station are somewhat similar except for the seat, rubber floormat, adjustable steering wheel tilt, floor mounted loader joystick, etc. What else am I missing, or is the extra difference pretty much just marketing?

Reactions: PJR832
#20 ·
Bump

#22 ·
Thanks, I noticed some units had different hazard/brake light assemblies but didn’t know they were specific to trim level. And where is this storage bin in the center console on 4R model? Under the steering wheel?

BTW, JD just came out with a new incentive program today in which you can get $2700 cash back plus 60 months free financing. So that is about $4000 cheaper than 4R even if you make a few upgrades to bring it closer to the level of 4R.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.