Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my tractor only has 200 hours on it. While traveling down my driveway with no load on the machine it came to an instant stop. Now when in low and mid range the machine won’t move. When in neutral it seems like it is in high gear. High gear still works like it should. Has anyone had this happen? Or know what might have happened?

·
Registered
JD 455, 4610, 4052R, and 6120E
300 Posts
Is this a 4052R with a Hydrostatic transmission and a Cab?

There is a crazy amount of linkage between the range selector lever and the range select shaft on the side of the eHydro transmission. It sounds possible that some of this linkage has become loose or bent and you now only have access to the rearmost range selection position which is C.

I would be inspecting that linkage to see if it is all still properly attached and not bent. Fortunately, most of that linkage (all the way to the shaft on the transmission) is easily viewed from the back of the tractor on the left hand side under the rear of the cab.

Let's hope it is a linkage problem and not something inside the transmission.

·
Registered
74 Posts
that will happen if you accidently hit both forward and reverse pedals at same time. Also, as you stated "when in neutral it seems like in high gear"
Well how the heck is the thing gonna seem like its in any gear if you have in neutral? you are making me nuts with that comment

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Did you bump the range lever?

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts