Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys and Gals,
I'm a newbie here and am having trouble using the search features to assist in my trouble shooting of the oil pan removal on a 4055 MFWD tractor,
I'll start by saying the engine is losing coolant into the oil, No oil in coolant, I've already checked for a blocked water pump weep hole, So I now need to do a pressure leak down test on the liners and O-rings but that's where my trouble starts.
So my question is I need the procedure on how to remove the oil pan from the in frame engine. The oil pan doesn't just drop straight down due to the MFWD solenoid block assembly interference
How does the MFWD solenoid block assembly come off the tranny? can I just unbolt it from under the tractor and remove it or do I need to split the tractor and get at it from the rear?

Thanks folks
Terry H

·
Registered
71 Posts
Remove MFWD drive shaft. Unplug MFWD solenoid and remove oil line on housing. You have to remove the MFWD housing and clutch as an assembly, under the back of the oil pan. Try to keep the shaft and housing together to keep from damaging the seal and sealing rings, pipe over the shaft with large washer and bolt or flat plate with long bolt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove MFWD drive shaft. Unplug MFWD solenoid and remove oil line on housing. You have to remove the MFWD housing and clutch as an assembly, under the back of the oil pan. Try to keep the shaft and housing together to keep from damaging the seal and sealing rings, pipe over the shaft with large washer and bolt or flat plate with long bolt.
Thanks I'll see how that goes

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the forum Terry!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum Terry!

Thanks for the kind welcome...

All is good with removing the MFWD clutch assembly and oil pan, Holy heck that clutch assembly is heavy I should have had a floor jack handy to assist with lifting it down instead of brute strength and my fat belly.
Lifting it in place will be a different story and I'll try to work smarter instead of harder.

Thanks again
Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts