Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4006M that I'm thinking about getting a cab to use in winter conditions. Curtis Cab has theirs on clearance for $1500. That's for metal and glass all around. Regular price $4000+. The web site says it is for the "R" series but the pictures show it on a 4052M. The response to my inquiry advised that, yes, it will work on the "M" series but you can't use it with the loader. I started comparing the look of the R vs the M. The loader is the D170 instead of the H180 but they appear in the same place when mounted. The bucket control IS an issue but I'm guessing that could be relocated without breaking the bank considering the clearance price. I'm thinking any other minor modifications could be made and still be ahead of the game. I can't find ANY other information on the web or other forums or pictures of the Curtis Cab on a tractor of this series. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Administrator
17,505 Posts
Welcome (from Westminster) to GTT,
I suspect your in uncharted territory here, but at $1500 I'd say it's worth the risk especially if you have some fabrication tools to make minor changes if needed.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The issue with the loader is the control. If I see correctly in the pictures of the R series tractor and H180, the joystick is part of the tractor. On the D190 it is mounted to the loader mast. The cab needs a completely different panel for the lower right. On my 3038E it is replaced by a vinyl/fabric curtain that velcro's to the steel on the tractor.

Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts