Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are those tires from the factory? If so I am so jeaulous of them because they look like proper tires now not the baloons that previous R4 were.
Yes they are, and it's funny you mentioned that because in older photos I looked at I thought the r4s were much more rounded (as mentioned) and was trying to figure out what the heck was going on because the tires on this unit were squared off. The one thing I am a little disappointed about is I do not have valve stem protectors on the front rims.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes they are, and it's funny you mentioned that because in older photos I looked at I thought the r4s were much more rounded (as mentioned) and was trying to figure out what the heck was going on because the tires on this unit were squared off. The one thing I am a little disappointed about is I do not have valve stem protectors on the front rims.
At least you have them on the rears. Thats also novelty starting in 2021.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Maybe one more thing about the top link you installed. Have you made sure to check if it is within spec of what 3ph is rated at? Just checking because JD cylinders are much "beefier".
Yea, they are, also very pricy though.
One benefit might be of that smaller one is that if occasionally forgetting and leaving the PTO shroud up, the power top link won’t crush the shroud.
I have managed to smash 2 of them so far. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Very sharp machine!!!

Did they change to radials ? or still bias ply?
They do look noticeably different from the ones that came on my 19.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Also kinda digging that vertical exhaust kit.
Very cool.

I think that might be the first one I have seen on a late model 4066R.

Curious, Is it hard to open the hood with that exhaust kit?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also kinda digging that vertical exhaust kit.
Very cool.

I think that might be the first one I have seen on a late model 4066R.

Curious, Is it hard to open the hood with that exhaust kit?
I will have to look up side wall info for you tomorrow. Honestly not sure.

Ill be the first to admit the vertical exhaust was more of a "looks" option for me, but I do like it. It is a hand removable stack, you have to take it off before lifting the hood.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Thought they looked different also

·
Registered
17 Posts
Beautify setup! Exactly what I hope to get soon. Question: I see you have the rear fender expensions. What about wheel setup/spacer? I’m trying to figure out how I want to set my tractor up. My dealer automatically orders with the 5.5” wheel spacers. I’m concerned that may be more than I want.

Also, the R4’s are really starting to look very R1‘ish, lol. Let us know how they do on turf. Nothing is as easy on turf as turf tires, but I’m hoping R4’s wont be too hard my ground.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beautify setup! Exactly what I hope to get soon. Question: I see you have the rear fender expensions. What about wheel setup/spacer? I’m trying to figure out how I want to set my tractor up. My dealer automatically orders with the 5.5” wheel spacers. I’m concerned that may be more than I want.

Also, the R4’s are really starting to look very R1‘ish, lol. Let us know how they do on turf. Nothing is as easy on turf as turf tires, but I’m hoping R4’s wont be too hard my ground.
Thank you, I did get the fender extension but this is standard wheel spacing at 72". It looked crazy wide to me with spacers. I did have them load the tires. So far it compacts the grass but no imprinting the soil. It rained about a week ago.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts

If your wondering what 3” rear spacers look like .
Mine has the same rear tire size as it came with in an R4, with same fender extension kit, only now in an R1 radial.
it is pictured here with a 3” rear spacer .

·
Registered
17 Posts
If your wondering what 3” rear spacers look like .
Mine has the same rear tire size as it came with in an R4, with same fender extension kit, only now in an R1 radial.
it is pictured here with a 3” rear spacer .

Yeah I’m thinking 3” would be the biggest I’d want to go. The 5.5” just seem too big to me.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts