Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

Registered
Congrats! Sharp looking. 馃槑

Registered
Yea, they are, also very pricy though.
One benefit might be of that smaller one is that if occasionally forgetting and leaving the PTO shroud up, the power top link won鈥檛 crush the shroud.
I have managed to smash 2 of them so far. Lol
I was thinking I am the only one who did that. But I guess it is kind of inevitable while doing ground engaging work. But any chance do you recall how much that shroud costs? Just to know whether is it worth it fixing it?
My tires are galaxy super industrial lug R4 440/80/24ind
That should be the same tire that was used until now as R4. So it took them around 10 years to change those baloons. Ahh I cant get over how much nicer those are. Even JD technician are always asking me whether I dont have them inflated too much because they look weird. Our tires are still pretty mint so there is no way we are changing them yet for the price from deere or anyone else.

Registered
They finally wised up and put 90 elbows at the loader hydraulic disconnect too. I test drove one b4 I ordered and cranked the wheel hard right and it ground the wheel into the hoses almost stopping the tractor. I ordered one but told salesman that had to be rectified somehow

Premium Member
I was thinking I am the only one who did that. But I guess it is kind of inevitable while doing ground engaging work. But any chance do you recall how much that shroud costs? Just to know whether is it worth it fixing it?

That should be the same tire that was used until now as R4. So it took them around 10 years to change those baloons. Ahh I cant get over how much nicer those are. Even JD technician are always asking me whether I dont have them inflated too much because they look weird. Our tires are still pretty mint so there is no way we are changing them yet for the price from deere or anyone else.
I can probably find an invoice for it, when I get back to my office Monday.
If memory serves at all, I want to say it was $130-150.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
By the way, I had the rear windshield wiper kit BXX10345 installed. The dealer had no clue about it and almost sent it back saying it was the same as factory untill I shared an install video. Apperantly there is no info from JD on this part. I will say however, it works. Actually cleans the glass in your line of sight over the right rear shoulder. Moves it to the top of the glass.

Premium Member
My deluxe cab came with a rear wiper already on it, so this one is different?

Premium Member
Interesting, the old 4720 use to have the wiper on the right side.
I thought they had moved it to the left due to complaints about the right hand wiper obstructing implement view on the right side, especially when not in use.

Registered
The whole rear wiper on 3R and 4R is one huge joke. Either wiper configuration sweeps only "half" of the window. I would trade fancy curved window I cant see out of for a straight one I can use in any weather.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Beautiful machine. I am researching a 4044r for myself to upgrade from my 4310!
Thanks, they are impressive. Very happy so far but to answer above, these R4's are pretty brutal on turf when backing up a hill. Good luck with your search! I wasn't ready to pull the trigger but dealer had happened to get one in while.I was browsing and there was one week left of the 0/72 finance available. Coudnt pass up.

Registered
Beautify setup! Exactly what I hope to get soon. Question: I see you have the rear fender expensions. What about wheel setup/spacer? I鈥檓 trying to figure out how I want to set my tractor up. My dealer automatically orders with the 5.5鈥 wheel spacers. I鈥檓 concerned that may be more than I want.

Also, the R4鈥檚 are really starting to look very R1鈥榠sh, lol. Let us know how they do on turf. Nothing is as easy on turf as turf tires, but I鈥檓 hoping R4鈥檚 wont be too hard my ground.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Vehicle Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Another example of 3 inch wheel spacers. Before, after and with fender extensions

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Its working well so far. Cant beat it for the price. Here is a copy pastefrom another thread on fittings and part numbers. I used one 24" hose and one 30" and they are perfect.

"Agri-supply has a 2" x 8" cat 1 for 99.00. #90599
I also bought 2 - 90 degree 3/4-16 orb to 3/8 npt fittings to go from cylinder fittings to hoses. #18652 10.00
Next I got 2 - 3/8 x 36" hoses at Mills Fleet Farm for 7.00 each. Agri supply has these also for about 14.00 #86654
You need 2 - male 1/2" ag couplers to hook into tractor scv's. #86641 5.00 Agri supply.
Lastly 2 - adapters for hose to ag couplers. #104181 5.50 Agri supply"

Registered
Congratulations! I sure wish these things were not so darned expensive. I really don't know how anyone can afford them anymore. They are worth about half of what it cost me to build my house! Anyway enjoy it. I am also thinking how narrow those wheels are and surprised JD makes them with such a narrow footprint. To me that is dangerous on a slope. My JD 4300 4wd, 22 year old with almost 2100 hours on it is still going strong! (Praise the Lord)

Registered
I will have to look up side wall info for you tomorrow. Honestly not sure.

Ill be the first to admit the vertical exhaust was more of a "looks" option for me, but I do like it. It is a hand removable stack, you have to take it off before lifting the hood.
Is it easy to remove the exhaust to open the hood? So 鈥渉and鈥 meaning no tools required?

Is that a JD part or aftermarket?

If JD do you know the part number? I also dig it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Congratulations! I sure wish these things were not so darned expensive. I really don't know how anyone can afford them anymore. They are worth about half of what it cost me to build my house! Anyway enjoy it. I am also thinking how narrow those wheels are and surprised JD makes them with such a narrow footprint. To me that is dangerous on a slope. My JD 4300 4wd, 22 year old with almost 2100 hours on it is still going strong! (Praise the Lord)
Thank you, yes the cost is ridiculous. Even more expensive now after the Nov 1 price increase. Deere offers 5" wheel spacers. I opted to try it out as is with loaded tires. If I have issues I may go with 3" spacers. We will see.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Is it easy to remove the exhaust to open the hood? So 鈥渉and鈥 meaning no tools required?

Is that a JD part or aftermarket?

If JD do you know the part number? I also dig it!

Yes it is a JD part. Not cheap either. Around 400 plus you have to order a replacement panel that doesn't have the exhaust hole for another 200 something. But I do love the way it looks. Its a friction fit (no tools needed) with 4 locking tabs. You can have it facing forward or to either side. I put a bit of never sieze on mine to make it easier to remove. See photo for part numbers.
Human body Rectangle Font Circle Terrestrial plant

Registered
Yes it is a JD part. Not cheap either. Around 400 plus you have to order a replacement panel that doesn't have the exhaust hole for another 200 something. But I do love the way it looks. Its a friction fit (no tools needed) with 4 locking tabs. You can have it facing forward or to either side. I put a bit of never sieze on mine to make it easier to remove. See photo for part numbers.
View attachment 812935
Thanks!

It looks like I should be ok as mine has the vertical kit already鈥ust no 鈥渟tack.

Reactions: cc1999
21 - 40 of 66 Posts