Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks!

It looks like I should be ok as mine has the vertical kit already…just no “stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What year is that. It looks like you have the selective regen valve. Do you also have an exhaust pipe coming out the lower left? The vertical exhaust kit is like a 90 degree fitting with a cone.

Photograph Green Motor vehicle Grass Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
I was thinking all 3 options were still available.
My 2019 3046R has that vertical flush type.
‘My 2019 4066R has the side panel pipe with a blank off cover in the hood.
For practical purposes I prefer the vertical flush mount in the hood, but the old school tractor lover in me, just really loves that old school vertical stack.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Interesting, the old 4720 use to have the wiper on the right side.
I thought they had moved it to the left due to complaints about the right hand wiper obstructing implement view on the right side, especially when not in use.

My 4066R tractor has the rear wiper on the right side of the windshield (mine is a 2017 model.) So I guess they moved it to the left maybe in 2018?. My only complaint about that wiper is the fact that it didn’t ‘park’ when switched off. However with some help from some others on this forum I was able to add another wire to the existing connection and got it to park. So being that it’s on the right it seems to wipe without leaving a Blindspot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 4066R tractor has the rear wiper on the right side of the windshield (mine is a 2017 model.) So I guess they moved it to the left maybe in 2018?. My only complaint about that rear wiper is the fact that it didn’t ‘park’ when switched off. However with some help from some others on this forum I was able to add another wire to the existing connection and got it to park. So being that it’s on the right it seems to wipe without leaving a Blindspot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 4066R tractor has the rear wiper on the right side of the windshield (mine is a 2017 model.) So I guess they moved it to the left maybe in 2018?. My only complaint about that rear wiper is the fact that it didn’t ‘park’ when switched off. However with some help from some others on this forum I was able to add another wire to the existing connection and got it to park. So being that it’s on the right it seems to wipe without leaving a Blindspot.
I must've missed that park wire, can you share which wire you added or moved to make it park?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Well I dropped off my 4066R today, for its loader upgrade to an LSS MSL 440R .
It’s also getting some rear wheel weights.

Also thanks Arsenix2001 , I had get me one more little upgrade, I just had to get me one of those vertical hood exhaust stacks. Lol

Don’t really need it, it just looks so cool to have a small modern tractor with an old school exhaust stack sticking up out of the hood.
They said the left fender was not part of the verticals exhaust kit, so I think I will just try and live with old exhaust port/hole in that left panel. At least as long as my OCD allows it. Lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Haha very nice! Yes I like it alot. Just have to be good about remembering to remove it before lifting the hood. Yes kind of silly but the panel is a separate order item. Not cheap either, around 225 if I remember correctly. Congrats on the loader!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Haha very nice! Yes I like it alot. Just have to be good about remembering to remove it before lifting the hood. Yes kind of silly but the panel is a separate order item. Not cheap either, around 225 if I remember correctly. Congrats on the loader!
Do you find it being in the way and negatively reducing visibility? That’s my only concern at this point and why I haven’t ordered it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cc1999

·
Registered
57 Posts
I must've missed that park wire, can you share which wire you added or moved to make it park?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
If you want to follow the complete thread just do a search on ‘We need intermittent windshield wipers’. But below is the gist of what I had to do to get my rear wiper to park. And I’m not making any guarantees that your wire harness will be the same if you have a 4066R tractor that is a 2018 or newer-(i.e. the windshield wiper is on the left side of the rear glass versus the right side like mine). Here is what I did:

OK guys with R series cab tractors- If you’re just interested in making that stupid back windshield wiper return to ‘park’ instead of having to play games with it every time you shut it off- simply do the following:

1. Remove the plastic cover over the back windshield wiper motor (two 10 mm screws).
2. Unfasten the pin connector plug which attaches the body wire harness to the wiper motor harness. With this connector you will see four wires (black, green striped, brown, and yellow) coming out of the wiper motor and plugged into two wires (black, yellow) in the body harness. You will notice that the black wire and the green striped wire coming out of the motor wire harness are not currently hooked to anything in the body harness. Only 2 wires ( black and yellow ) run up to the wiper motor. The yellow wire hooks to the yellow wire in the motor harness and the black wire hooks to the brown wire in the motor harness.

3. Splice the unused black/green wire in the motor harness in to the yellow wire in whatever manner seems best to you. I used a 3M quick connector which joins two wires safely together.

4. Connect the remaining unused black wire to an Ignition 12 volts source. Fuse this lead with a 10 amp fuse. I found a 12 V source(live only when ignition switch activated) under the right hand console cover coming from an unused electric connector plug.

That's all you need to do. It will now park when the wiper switch is turned off regardless of what position the wiper is in when you turn it off. You don't need another switch or relay.
If you’re like me once you get this done you’re going to ask yourself why in the he$# didn’t John Deere do this in the first place- sort of crazy if you ask me.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Also thanks Arsenix2001 , I had get me one more little upgrade, I just had to get me one of those vertical hood exhaust stacks. Lol

Don’t really need it, it just looks so cool to have a small modern tractor with an old school exhaust stack sticking up out of the hood.
They said the left fender was not part of the verticals exhaust kit, so I think I will just try and live with old exhaust port/hole in that left panel. At least as long as my OCD allows it. Lol
Please keep us posted about that LSS for 440R. I was thinking about getting it but mounting position seemed "unsafe" to me. I would like to see where your dealer mounts it.

Also sorry if you already mentioned it but don't you have plastic cover in the bonnet? Our my20 has green plastic cover that should be switchable to the side panel when using vertical exhaust to cover the hole.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you want to follow the complete thread just do a search on ‘We need intermittent windshield wipers’. But below is the gist of what I had to do to get my rear wiper to park. And I’m not making any guarantees that your wire harness will be the same if you have a 4066R tractor that is a 2018 or newer-(i.e. the windshield wiper is on the left side of the rear glass versus the right side like mine). Here is what I did:

OK guys with R series cab tractors- If you’re just interested in making that stupid back windshield wiper return to ‘park’ instead of having to play games with it every time you shut it off- simply do the following:

1. Remove the plastic cover over the back windshield wiper motor (two 10 mm screws).
2. Unfasten the pin connector plug which attaches the body wire harness to the wiper motor harness. With this connector you will see four wires (black, green striped, brown, and yellow) coming out of the wiper motor and plugged into two wires (black, yellow) in the body harness. You will notice that the black wire and the green striped wire coming out of the motor wire harness are not currently hooked to anything in the body harness. Only 2 wires ( black and yellow ) run up to the wiper motor. The yellow wire hooks to the yellow wire in the motor harness and the black wire hooks to the brown wire in the motor harness.

3. Splice the unused black/green wire in the motor harness in to the yellow wire in whatever manner seems best to you. I used a 3M quick connector which joins two wires safely together.

4. Connect the remaining unused black wire to an Ignition 12 volts source. Fuse this lead with a 10 amp fuse. I found a 12 V source(live only when ignition switch activated) under the right hand console cover coming from an unused electric connector plug.

That's all you need to do. It will now park when the wiper switch is turned off regardless of what position the wiper is in when you turn it off. You don't need another switch or relay.
If you’re like me once you get this done you’re going to ask yourself why in the he$# didn’t John Deere do this in the first place- sort of crazy if you ask me.
Now the "only thing left is to figure out how to make that damn wiper clean more than ⅓ of the window and not just moving it to wipe better ⅓. Thats not a solution but embarrassment on JD part.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Please keep us posted about that LSS for 440R. I was thinking about getting it but mounting position seemed "unsafe" to me. I would like to see where your dealer mounts it.

Also sorry if you already mentioned it but don't you have plastic cover in the bonnet? Our my20 has green plastic cover that should be switchable to the side panel when using vertical exhaust to cover the hole.
Yea it has a blank off plate on the hood. I would not have pictured that fitting over the hole in the side panel .
The shape looks different to me. The hood seems more flat, and the side panel seems more rounded or curved.
It would be nice if it does workout that way.

I am thinking the LSS will mount on the right side on top of the rear axle tucked up close the the cab. That is how it is on the 5115M.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yea it has a blank off plate on the hood. I would not have pictured that fitting over the hole in the side panel .
The shape looks different to me. The hood seems more flat, and the side panel seems more rounded or curved.
It would be nice if it does workout that way.

I am thinking the LSS will mount on the right side on top of the rear axle tucked up close the the cab. That is how it is on the 5115M.
I have seen schematics with suggested placement of lss and it was very different location compared to 5series. On 440r it was on the right side of the loader "besides" plate with hydraulic couplers but on the outside of the loader. That seemed impractical but I have never seen any pictures with lss really added thats why I would really like to see some.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
I should probably look that schematic up. The pic seen in the Deere website showed the same location as my 5 series .

·
Registered
74 Posts
I should probably look that schematic up. The pic seen in the Deere website showed the same location as my 5 series .
When you go to this site:
Accessories and Attachments -> show more
Miscellaneous -> Loader Suspension Kit (4R Tractors Only)

There are picture of LSS while not specifically on 440R but on H180 which from my understanding are basically the same FEL.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
I see, that’s for sure different then the 5M LSS , It is a little hard to tell exactly where that thing sets, how exposed it is.
i will for sure post pics of mine when it’s done.

I quizzed my dealer when ordering it about that switch, my 5M has a lever on accumulator on the out side no switch in the cab. Dealer said they saw no option for a switch in the cab for the 4 series . So I am still not clear what models get the switch they are referring too.

Reactions: Fercik

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts

Well little update or correction.
The vertical stack upgrade on mine went sideways. Or stayed sideways. LOL
The Dealer ordered the wrong kit.
Apparently the correct kit almost tripled the quoted price for the job.
So since it was really just for Fun/Looks/Cool factor, I decided to pull the plug on that vertical stack upgrade.
At least for now. I may eventually do it.
Just when I was thinking 400-500 bucks was steep but I wanted it, and then it jumps up well over a 1000 just for kit, for something I really didn't need, I passed on it for now.

Reactions: Arsenix2001

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
You are correct sir. The kit was about 480 plus install, then the panel on top of that puts you close to 1k with tax. I've wanted a vertical stack since I was a kid so I couldn't say no. Ha.

Rereading your text though I don't think it should be that much. Mine was a hair under a thousand and that was including the replacement panel to cover the hole where the exhaust used to be.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
You are correct sir. The kit was about 480 plus install, then the panel on top of that puts you close to 1k with tax. I've wanted a vertical stack since I was a kid so I couldn't say no. Ha.

Rereading your text though I don't think it should be that much. Mine was a hair under a thousand and that was including the replacement panel to cover the hole where the exhaust used to be.
See, that is exactly what I had thought as well so I asked them about that, I may stuck with it, if it was going to have the side panel in the kit.

Not sure why, but they said no the only difference in the kits was the correct kit had a different radiator hose, that it had to be rerouted so it would have to be replaced.

I was talking to the tech working on the tractor.
I will ask the parts guy if he can double check that.

Based on what they had told me, no panel shown in the kit. Adding the panel later if the hole in the fender bothered my OCD to where I had to fix it. That would have made this a $2,000 upgrade with correct kit, the new side panel and stickers.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts