Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few “come to Jesus” moments, I had 6” JD spacers put on the rear wheels but I’m thinking I may have turned the geometry more into a tricycle. I want to put spacers (maybe 3-4”) on the front wheels but can’t seem to find any consensus of whether this would be good or bad. I do have a loader and forks that I use, but I’m not pushing the load limits. Anyone have experience with front wheel spacers?

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Front wheel spacers will be expensive as in broken front axle. I am facing the same predicament. I installed 5 1/2 inch Bora rear spacers last fall. My biggest problem is when I load the tractor on the trailer as there is a considerable difference between front and rear tracks. Otherwise, all is fine. I would not use spacers on the front axle as any excessive weight in the loader bucket may possible damage the front axle. If you are thinking that spacers on the front axle will increase stability, that will not happen due to the side to side flexibility of the front axle. It is not fixed like the rear axle. In my estimation, front spacers should not be used if the tractor has a loader.

Dave

Reactions: keane

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
Front spacers will not add stability until after the axle pivots enough to hit the stops.

Reactions: keane
1 - 4 of 4 Posts