Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys , Could someone please help me out. I am resealing my John Deere 410 loader bucket curl cylinder. I am ready to put back together but dumb dumb me forgot which way the two outer seals (#5 on pictorial ) part # H169397 go on , pictorial to vague . Both seals have a beveled lip. Do they go towards cylinder or away from it ? Thanks ! Never mind everyone , I found the answer to my question ! Already assembled and working fine . Thanks .

·
Administrator
18,514 Posts
Ed,
I edited your title so hopefully someone can help out. It's been about 10 years since I did mine so I don't remember enough to help you.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I could volunteer that in general any "lips" that are on the inside of the seal (grip the rod) are designed to expand and enhance the sealing capabilities under pressure and the open sides of the lips will face the cylinder.
If it is the seal that you can still observe when the rod and cylinder are fully assembled (wiper seal) then that seal will taper smaller on the outside as it meets the rod.

Now I have not repacked a Deere cylinder on a small tractor yet so don't take my words as gospel, wait for some more seasoned responses to your enquiry and good luck with your repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts