Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2003 4100 separately from the 60" commercial deck (wow this think is heavy). The deck came with a hydraulic cylinder and a yellow u-shaped bracket along with two brackets attached to the mower deck. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and wanted to get clarification on how all the components mount. If someone could snap some pictures or send a video that would be awesome. I did several searches and came up blank. The mower also has a 3pt hitch salt spreader and hydraulic plow attached to it already. I don't know what would need to be removed, if anything. Thanks in advance fellas. Looking forward to a lifetime of projects with the new(to me) machine! :)

·
Administrator
21,272 Posts
Please post pics of the parts you have so we can see them. I am not familiar with the hydraulic lift, only the mechanical that connects to the lower 3PH arms. I might have the install instructions at home however in my archives.

·
Administrator
21,272 Posts
Here is all the help I can provide, I believe these are instructions for a 4110 however-but they should be similar if not the same for the 4100.

Again, pics of what you have might help us help you.

Attachments

Reactions: RandyM

·
Administrator
21,272 Posts
Are you sure that deck is for a 4100? It looks NOTHING like the 60" mmm I have for my 4110.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The man I purchased it from lived on a farm with many john Deere tractors and was fairly knowledgable with them and used to work at a dealership. He had a list of tractors it will fit. The 4100 was included in the list.

·
Administrator
21,272 Posts
I just can't envision how it will work with the gearbox offset like that, I wish I could help you more. Even a google image search of "John Deere 4100 mower deck" show ones that are completely different.

·
Registered
364 Posts
From the pictures, this appears to be the same deck as I have on a 4200. The second set of pictures looks like the MMM lift kit on my 4200. What appears to be missing is the brackets for the front draft arms and the brackets for the mid control arms. Here's the manual for installing on a 4200-4400: Installing.

·
Banned
419 Posts
4100 mmm

I just installed the 60 green MMM the front draft arms look right but nothing else. Here is a view of the brackets. MY gear box is off set to the right hand side to line up with the pto shaft. But your deck look nothing like mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would have to agree that this deck is for a larger frame tractor such as JAllen's 4200 judging by the distance between the rear draft arms attached to the deck. Was there an independent lift offered for the 4100?

Edit:

Kind of looks like JAllen is spot on... from JD parts:

Text Line Diagram Font Design

·
Banned
419 Posts
Yes JD offered a independent lift to the best of my knowledge. I waned to find one for mine but could not. Was so costly to buy by the piece from Deere so went with the 3 pt one and works great so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts