Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll first post here:

I'm fixing a JD 4100 compact tractor for a friend that has a 410 loader. The loader was not lifting properly so I did the obvious and cleaned the suction screen, changed the filter and put new JD hydraulic oil in it. It seemed to work great...for a minute. Even before then I did the test where I switched D&C to A&B to see if it worked and it sort of did work better. Then I put it all back and disconnected D and it would go up and down. I disconnected D and connected C and it went up and down. It seems to work like this but it does not have much power.

Based on my research there are two possibilities: 1. one or both of the End Lift cylinders have an internal bypass which would suck. OR, there is a clogged relief valve in the control unit or busted o-ring causing pressure to bypass so the thing won't lift cause it has pressure on both sides of piston.

How the heck to I figure out if it is one or the other? My first idea was the remove C and then take the quick connect off so it was open. Then I started the tractor and tried to lift and fluid came out. So that makes me think it's bypassing. Or it could have just been, you know, emptying that side of the cylinder and displacing fluid but I don't think so.

I'm trying to be methodical about this but for real the JD parts site isn't working so I can't examine what the inside of the control valve looks like so I wouldn't know what or where the relief valve is or how to test it. Maybe I need the technical manual or just a good common sense injection.

(the bucket seems to dump and come back just fine.)

Best Regards,

J

·
Premium Member
7,427 Posts
Not sure if this will help? :dunno::flag_of_truce: Key 13 is an orifice, it might be partially blocked?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Not sure if this will help? :dunno::flag_of_truce: Key 13 is an orifice, it might be partially blocked?
Thanks for this. I can't see what the numbers refer to but maybe that is my computer? I did check the orifice to make sure it was not clogged. That is on connector C, the Head-End Cyl Lift, so the boom doesn't come crashing down. It wasn't clogged and I left it open and actuated it and fluid came out all over. And kept coming. That's what made me think it has a bypass problem within the cylinder. To be sure I would have had to keep the SCV pumping until I was sure but is that an acceptable way to determine if there's an internal bypass? And then how do you find out which cylinder it's in? Dang. Also I might have to do it with the bucket propped up because if you do it on the ground like I did then the piston is at the far end and maybe it's meant to bypass when it's there and not in the middle. Dang.

If you have a schematic with numbers and labels for the SCV that would be very good. Especially if it says there is a relief valve that I can get to easy and check. I got a feeling the problem could also be in the SCV (the one for boom lift) since it seems to work ok when you switch the quick connects to the bucket dump connectors. I don't think you can rebuild the SCV I think you have to pay a lot of money instead. Let's find out!

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 4115 with 410 loader. My loader curl started acting up last fall. It would curl forward very slowly then reverse itself. It turned out to be a loose quick connect so it was not fully engaged. Try switching the curl and lift hoses at the quick connect to see if that changes anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,427 Posts
I do not see any relief valve in the SCV, but it loooks like two check/hold valves? keys: 5 o-ring CH10569, 6 plug, 7 spring M808049, and 8 valve M808048

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: It works after you do some warm up hydro calisthenics

Hey y'all,

Just a quick update, and thanks for that schematic with the check valve that could be a Point of Interest.

I started it up today after it rested overnight and it was back to it's old tricks (lift bucket would try to raise but slowly stops about half way) so I drove it around and did warm-ups with the boom and bucket. After about 10 minutes-BOOM!-it began working. I think something is sticking and you gotta knock it loose and then it will work. Maybe over a couple days of use whatever is gummed up will benefit from the new Hydraulic oil and filter and get back into order. In other words, fix itself. It happens!

Thanks and I'll keep y'all posted if I learn anything.

J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!

I do not see any relief valve in the SCV, but it loooks like two check/hold valves? keys: 5 o-ring CH10569, 6 plug, 7 spring M808049, and 8 valve M808048
Thank you! this is actually very helpful. I couldn't find this anywhere and since this is obviously not an internal bypass problem this is most likely where the hang-up is. Thanks!
J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts