Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone come up with good ideas on protection down there? I did some work today and got under there and looked my hoses have some markings where they've been hit, want to protect before they get damaged

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one :(

·
Registered
688 Posts
tdone - After losing a hose earlier this year on my 4720, I queried the forum for hose wrapper ideas and I selected one from McMaster-Carr. Seems like good and inexpensive protection; I've had no further leak issues since installing over the replacement hose.

Brian

Anyone come up with good ideas on protection down there? I did some work today and got under there and looked my hoses have some markings where they've been hit, want to protect before they get damaged

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any particular type?

They have a lot of choices

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
look on kennyd's web site-pretty sure he has protective hose wrap for sale-:good2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
688 Posts
tdone -
My new steering hose was stamped with size and pressure rating. I looked at the McM-Carr website and selected the next size larger diameter in about three feet length. The new hose had a bit of slack so we could pull it away from the frame that eroded the old hose then secure with the Velcro strip, The wrap was about $10.50 including shipping. Cheap insurance in my view

Brian

Any particular type?

They have a lot of choices

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone I went with the Dura-Wrap© Sleeving from Ken's Bolt on.

I realize this will only protect from brush and sticker bushes etc. and if I needed protection from say logs and rocks I need to build a steel case around. Might look into longer hoses and see if I can re route

1 - 9 of 9 Posts