Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks I am considering putting in the vertical exhaust kit liked below.

for a couple reasons

1. When I am brush the exhaust blow back makes my legs hot
2. It looks cool
3. Sometimes in taller grass when the exhaust blows the grass I jump out of my seat cause I think it's a Rattler or a Puma jumping at me :)

How hard is opening up hood once that is installed?

And is install very hard? I know I got to cut plastic

https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-Vertical-Exhaust-Kit-LVB25884.html

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hey folks I am considering putting in the vertical exhaust kit liked below.

for a couple reasons

1. When I am brush the exhaust blow back makes my legs hot
2. It looks cool
3. Sometimes in taller grass when the exhaust blows the grass I jump out of my seat cause I think it's a Rattler or a Puma jumping at me :)

How hard is opening up hood once that is installed?

And is install very hard? I know I got to cut plastic

https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-Vertical-Exhaust-Kit-LVB25884.html

I have the factory vertical exhaust on my 4066R and love it. The part of the exhaust that extends above the hood lifts off to be able to open the hood. It has a screen around it to help prevent burns if it is hot. But it is still a little hot. Definitely need gloves.

Dave

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
I prefer the "down" or horizonal exhaust. :bigthumb:

My JD 2030 came with it as an option. I have only seen one other one with it and it was a gas 2030.

My JD 6415 came with the vertical exhaust. It's too tall to clear the 9' door at the pole barn at home. The engine shakes when it's shutdown, the length of the exhaust magnifies this and really "waves" side to side when the engine is shutdown.

Branches hit it and then whip around and hit me even harder :nunu:

JD offers a horizonal exhaust for my JD 6415 through parts, but very expensive :gizmo: . But soon my JD 6415 will have a down exhaust! :yahoo:I have been buying parts on ebay and when GFP has a sale.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you get any blow back in the face with it?

I have the factory vertical exhaust on my 4066R and love it. The part of the exhaust that extends above the hood lifts off to be able to open the hood. It has a screen around it to help prevent burns if it is hot. But it is still a little hot. Definitely need gloves.

Dave

·
Registered
4,191 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: theduke and PJR832

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I hate you :(

Hey, I am an older feller and need my A/C-Heat. I was mowing recently when it was 95. Sure was hot walking from the tractor to the house when I was done. Going to have to park the tractor closer to the house. 83 now and I am getting ready to go out and mow again. Been having to mow every 5 days lately, but we got 1.14 inches of rain on the 5th day. Hopefully it is dry enough to mow now, 2 days later. I will be expecting a lot of grass clumps. But I will be one cool dude.

Dave

Reactions: theduke and PJR832

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, keep telling my wife if we get a cab tractor she can drive it :)

Hey, I am an older feller and need my A/C-Heat. I was mowing recently when it was 95. Sure was hot walking from the tractor to the house when I was done. Going to have to park the tractor closer to the house. 83 now and I am getting ready to go out and mow again. Been having to mow every 5 days lately, but we got 1.14 inches of rain on the 5th day. Hopefully it is dry enough to mow now, 2 days later. I will be expecting a lot of grass clumps. But I will be one cool dude.

Dave

·
Registered
4,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
I KNOW it's NOT a LCUT, but here's few pictures of the down exhaust installed.

Attachments

Reactions: theduke

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That does look great, I have to ask again do you get blow back in your face?

Just installed mine about a month ago. Love it, Took a little over an hour to install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That does look great, I have to ask again do you get blow back in your face?
If it's windy out I'll get a little here in there. I always got tons when it was pointed down and if it was dry out I'd get the dust too. I put a tip on it to direct it out a little more but then it turned my loader black and I still got blow back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts