Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I know I should have gotten the backhoe when I purchased it but I screwed up.

So for the past two years I have been searching for one and finally I found one 260 for $3000 and just an hour away.

I contacted my dealer and asked what the kit would cost and was told about $2200 installed as I all ready have the power beyond on it. (I thought if I changed my mine then it would be on it)

I am suppose to go and pickup the backhoe Saturday but when I got home my dealer called and told me he cannot order the kit! He says John does not allow him to sell the two major brackets... what the he.....

Has anyone else on here actually put a backhoe on after they purchased it? I know there are other dealers on here and techs so please help my broken heart and tell me my dealer is just confused.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I know of the backhoe of which you speak, as I inquired about it. I wonder why and or if the seller has the frame you seek. Unless your and his tractor are different. Perhaps you should ask him?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,474 Posts
I was to believe there is no bracket needed for the BH. I'm I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
2,237 Posts
I was to believe there is no bracket needed for the BH. I'm I missing something?
Probably the sub-frame kit, or a part of it.

·
Premium Member
12,241 Posts
You should be able to order any needed components as “parts” although the cost may be higher than the equivalent sales kit.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
God awful pricey trying to buy a few parts from Deere when people don't sell a guy the complete package...

·
Super Moderator
2,237 Posts
This is what I was thinking. Part number BLV10835. Here's the link to the catalog. It's not in the main 1025 catalog, but a 'sub-catalog' if you scroll down once you get in the 1025 catalog. Stumbled across it a few weeks ago.

John Deere Parts Catalog

260 BH Subframe & seat kit.png

·
Super Moderator
2,237 Posts
USAFRet....didn't you need the 260 bh & not the 260B? The BLV10835 kit is what I think you need. Is that what you checked with your dealer for?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I think I'd try to make the sale contingent on getting the frame off the seller's tractor. It really isn't that hard to get it, but it's very expensive to buy those parts separately from the backhoe. Don't forget you also need the rotating seat.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes i have a 2017 which requires the 260 and not 260b.

USAFRet....didn't you need the 260 bh & not the 260B? The BLV10835 kit is what I think you need. Is that what you checked with your dealer for?

I looked at the blv10835 kit and it looks just like what I need. I am going to use the link one of our great members posted and see if it lets me order it. …… my dealer is nice but maybe he is confused?

·
Super Moderator
2,237 Posts
The BLV10835 kit I posted above has the seat swivel and toolbox bracket, if the kit is still available. You re-use the original seat with the new swivel I believe.

·
Super Moderator
2,237 Posts
I looked at the blv10835 kit and it looks just like what I need. I am going to use the link one of our great members posted and see if it lets me order it. …… my dealer is nice but maybe he is confused?
It happens :hi:

·
Premium Member
12,241 Posts
I tried this and found all the pieces. So I am confused even more of why the dealer says they cant order it?
Check the part numbers yourself in JD Parts. If they are valid then present the part numbers to your dealer and ask why they can’t order them. Make sure you check the kit number and not the replacement part number. Also check a few on-line JD parts sources to see if they show availability.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I thought the BH hooked on to the 3 point hitch bar?

That is a big no. no. You want a backhoe that is mounted with a sub-frame to the frame of the tractor. 3PH backhoes put too much stress on the transmission. not to mention they bounce around too much when in use and they are not rigid mounted to the frame.

I think what you are thinking about is part of the quick attach feature of the new backhoes. They do use the 3PH arms to lift them onto the subframe mount, but then they are out of the picture.

Jeff

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for everyones help.

But the big BUT is I went to my dealer waiting for them to open. I showed them the parts and availability BUT still said there were parts needed that they could not order. The bottom line is if I want a BH I will have to buy the package from them :banghead:

I give up! But again thank you for all your help:bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
2,237 Posts
Did he say which brackets he can't get? The only thing I don't see in the kit is the loader mast supports, but you already have them because you have a loader.

I'd check with another dealer or 2, even if it's only by phone or email. Maybe someone can tell you what the first dealer is talking about.

·
Super Moderator
2,237 Posts
I think I got it all figured out.

In the 1025R catalog I think I found the brackets the dealer is talking about, and yes the numbers listed are not available. They are numbers LVA24306 & LVA24307. They are in catalog # PC11842, section 95-Backhoe 260, sub-section ST936517. Items #1 & 2 in this picture.

NormalAppImage(1).png

The good news...you don't need them anyways. They appear to be for a 260B backhoe. In catalog PC9629-260, 260B, 270A and 270B Backhoe, section 23-Backhoe 260B, sub-section ST898339 they list part numbers LVA20963 & LVA20964 for the 260B, and those show available. Those 2 look identical to the LVA24306 & 7 your dealer says he can't get. Items #1 & 2 in this picture also.

NormalAppImage(1)-3.png

Again, you don't need them.

I looked through some old post of yours and you mentioned your tractor was built in May of 2017.

I found this info that verifies you need the 260 Backhoe.

NormalAppImage(1)-4.png

I found this that verifies you need the sub-frame kit BLV10835.

NormalAppImage(1)-6.png

The BLV10835 kit comes with these brackets for the 260 Backhoe. Items # 23 & 24 in this picture. You can see they are very different. These brackets have pins on them that the hooks on the backhoe frame will sit on. The 260B is the opposite, with the pins on the backhoe and the hooks on the brackets.

NormalAppImage(1)-2.png

Now, all that said, BLV10835 does price out at $1434.40 and does show Available to Order. A dealer will have to order it and see if JD accepts the order and processes it or cancels it due to No Longer Available.

I checked Green Farm Parts, and used promo code GTT. It did show a discount of $100.41 (I think it was), but I didn't go further, so I don't know if it would ship for free because the kit does show to be about 135 pounds. At that weight I would think they'll qualify it as over-sized, and it wouldn't be free shipping. But you may want to check into it.

Long story short, from all the info I've gathered about your situation, I'm 99% certain your tractor needs a 260 Backhoe and BLV10835 kit, and you'll be all set.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts