Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
JD 4110
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 4110HST. Just did a complete fluid and filter change except fuel, that will be done when the tank is lower. Got on the thing to start it and when I turn the key there’s is a hectic clicking coming from the tractor.
I noticed that bumping the H,N,L lever sometimes it will allow 1/2 an engine turn over. I am assuming whatever safety switch is in charge of that is bad or loose. Anyone able to help me figure out where or how to get to these safety’s?

My FIL “let us keep it at our house” but said to make sure it’s completely serviced since it hasn’t been done in years. We ran that tractor and it worked fantastically. Then took the time to service it and now we are without. Figures. The day you try and take care of it it decides not to work anymore.

Thanks a ton,

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
The clicking is normal, it is the electric lift pump. It clicks the entire time the key is turned on, you just can't hear it when the engine is running. It sounds like the neutral switch might be suspect.

Your 4110 is very similar to the 2520/2720. Below is the neutral switch location on those tractors.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
@jgayman thanks a ton. I found a schematic for the safety switches and just checked them. Not sure if one was off half way but that fixed the problem.
That's great. It's not uncommon to cure a problem by reseating the connectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.