Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have a 2003, JD 4110 with FEL and a 60" Meteor snowblower. About 650 hours. About 22 HP (Yanmar 3 cyl diesel), HST, the usual 4wd, locking diff and a soft "tent" cab. I bought it principally for snow removal. Maine gets some of that!

I have a lot of gravel driveway and parking lot, at a couple of different properties, and am looking at putting down crush n run to nourish otherwise sad drive and park situations.

This brings me to the point in all this. Yesterday I bought a nearly new 4' box blade.

I was wondering if any of you more experienced folks might have thoughts on the use of this blade on a small tractor. I have never used an implement like this before.

I have watched several utube videos and it seems easy enough, but the collective knowledge of this forum far outweighs anything on utube!

Please let me know any thoughts that you might have.

Much thanks!

Pete

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have a 5’ on a 2025R. You’ll have plenty of Tractor for that blade. Small adjustments to top link make a huge difference. Once you play with it a little you’ll get it down pretty quickly. Short top link cuts more. Long top link smooths more. Find a happy medium and go. I’d run it across your driveway before adding the stone to smooth out the potholes etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts