Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Well after 14 years of use, I had to replace the worm gear drive for my 42" snow blower. To make a long story short, I purchased the replacement from my JD parts dealer. After getting installed and clearing my driveway, I noticed that the lip seal on the gear cover came partially out. So after taking everything apart again, I found the seal was bent and now it won't fit tightly.

My question is, does anyone know the part number for the lip seal. The JD replacement gear assembly was a kit (#67787) from Hydro-gear (AD-B13A) which their site says has been discontinued. The kit is also used by MTD, Agri-Fab and many others, but I can't find the part number for the lip seal anywhere.

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
A lot of auto parts stores can match the seal if you bring it in. NAPA has a good cross reference. Bearings shops also are a good resource for seals.

JDParts didn't break down the worm drive assembly any further unfortunately. Item 9, p/n GXH48111

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lot of auto parts stores can match the seal if you bring it in. NAPA has a good cross reference. Bearings shops also are a good resource for seals.

JDParts didn't break down the worm drive assembly any further unfortunately. Item 9, p/n GXH48111

Thank you,

I searched and searched all over for the part number and had no luck. I guess I'm going to have to take it all apart again to remove the seal and shop around. The problem I have with JD is that you can't just get the parts you need to fix the assembly, you have to buy the entire assembly, which is not cheap. I will also try to call Hydro-Gear and see if they can enlighten me on the part number of their discontinued gear assembly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts